Rhythm NewMedia Serves a Vid While Your App Loads
Fortunately mobile video ad network Rhythm NewMedia has me covered through its new monetization and advertising SDK for iPhone applications, which includes the Application Launch ad unit. Now instead of tapping their feet in annoyance as their iPhone app kicks into gear, users can be engaged with a brand message through a full-screen video.
Well, not actually the full screen — above the vid sits the brand name of the app while below is the loading bar.
“We want to give the user the sense we’re not extending the app load time to show a commercial,” said Ujjal Kohli, CEO of Rhythm NewMedia. “Otherwise it irritates people.”
In addition, the SDK offers full-page interstitial ads as well as banner ads with click-to-video, click-to-website, click-to-iTunes and more click-to features. Integration with DoubleClick’s DART and Microsoft’s Altas allows for real-time reporting.
Rhythm NewMedia is the only mobile ad network that allows users to browse videos while watching via a semi-transparent screen, a feature Kohli compares to digital television. Also it offers interactive videos that take advantage of touchscreen features. Finally, none of the content on the network is long-tail — all of it is recognizable, premium content from film and TV.
Developers have been highly attracted to Rhythm New Media’s SDK not only because of the network’s high-quality scans, Kohli said, but also because the Application Launch unit is interactive but not intrusive. Partners CBS Mobile and the Discovery Channel have integrated the SDK into their iPhones apps that are available in the App Store.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than