Rhythm NewMedia Serves a Vid While Your App Loads
Fortunately mobile video ad network Rhythm NewMedia has me covered through its new monetization and advertising SDK for iPhone applications, which includes the Application Launch ad unit. Now instead of tapping their feet in annoyance as their iPhone app kicks into gear, users can be engaged with a brand message through a full-screen video.
Well, not actually the full screen — above the vid sits the brand name of the app while below is the loading bar.
“We want to give the user the sense we’re not extending the app load time to show a commercial,” said Ujjal Kohli, CEO of Rhythm NewMedia. “Otherwise it irritates people.”
In addition, the SDK offers full-page interstitial ads as well as banner ads with click-to-video, click-to-website, click-to-iTunes and more click-to features. Integration with DoubleClick’s DART and Microsoft’s Altas allows for real-time reporting.
Rhythm NewMedia is the only mobile ad network that allows users to browse videos while watching via a semi-transparent screen, a feature Kohli compares to digital television. Also it offers interactive videos that take advantage of touchscreen features. Finally, none of the content on the network is long-tail — all of it is recognizable, premium content from film and TV.
Developers have been highly attracted to Rhythm New Media’s SDK not only because of the network’s high-quality scans, Kohli said, but also because the Application Launch unit is interactive but not intrusive. Partners CBS Mobile and the Discovery Channel have integrated the SDK into their iPhones apps that are available in the App Store.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s