Twitter Launching Its Own Third-Party Integration Toolkit
ADOTAS – Watch out, Facebook Connect — Twitter’s coming to town, according to TechCrunch.
Twitter is this close to launching a set of tools to facilitate the integration of Twitter features into third-party websites. This toolbelt is reported to give sites the ability to authenticate users and exchange data, and make it easy for Tweeters to update when one participating sites.
If you don’t think Facebook Connect has been a ridiculous success, you’ve spent a bit too much time under a rock, my friend. Since its introduction in 2008, 80,000 sites have jumped on the bandwagon (including YouTube and MySpace for certain video features) and 60 million Facebookers take advantage of its features, according to the social network.
No surprise that Twitter wants in on that action — in April the site introduced a “sign in with Twitter” feature that allowed users to log in to third-party sites with their Twitter handles, but this looks to be a far bigger step and more akin to Facebook Connect. A possible advantage for Twitter may be its open, standards-based approach and the use of OAuth for authentication and data exchanging.
Facebook Connect has become a standard with respect to authentication, I don’t see Twitter making any dent in the growth of Facebook Connect, they are just too late.
Facebook Connect certainly has a step-up on twitter with respect to authentication, but it is good to see Twitter looking to expand its APIs and leverage more out of the box capabilities for its social features. It will be interesting to see how this affects a user’s choice of publishing destinations for their social activities on the web. At JanRain we believe that the user should have options so we created our turnkey platform solution called RPX (http://rpxnow.com) enabling social publishing across multiple social networks.
Leave a Comment
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- Integrate and Silicon Valley Bank Ink $12.5 Million in Secured Financing December 11th 2013 SCOTTSDALE, AZ, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Integrate, the first [...] more »
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Female Game Players are Stealing TV Advertising Budgets December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and