Social Media Hot Destination for Leads
ADOTAS – Although Adotas readers disagreed, Buddy Media CEO Michael Lazerow suggested in October that a brand’s Facebook site is more important than its actual website. Pontiflex’s second “Cost-Per-Lead Advertising Data Report” suggests he might be on to something as leads are increasingly being directed to social media and community sites.
Pontiflex found that 48% of leads were used to push social media and community sites in the fourth quarter, an increase from 43% in the third. E-newsletters also saw a greater percentage of leads, rising to 26% in the fourth quarter from 23% in the third.
Free trials and subscriber acquisition both lost share in the fourth quarter, with 11% of leads going to the former (compared to 14% the previous quarter) and 6% headed to the latter (a 9 point drop from 15% in the third).
The overall cost of basic marketing leads increased by 31%, which Pontiflex attributed to an increased number of publishers with CPL offerings. Average CPL in premium fields dropped quarter over quarter, from $3.36 to in the third to $2.72 in the fourth. CPL actually increased between third and fourth quarter for basic fields, from $0.62 to $0.81.
The highest CPL in premium could be found in the entertainment vertical at $3.00, followed by health leads at $2.70. The lowest CPL was in market research at $0.52.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Mike Zaneis Becomes Permanent President & CEO of Trustworthy Accountability Group
- Media Rating Council Issues “Invalid Traffic Detection And Filtration Guidelines” For Public Comment
- Sizmek’s Picks: Ads of the Week-June 29th-July 3rd
- Meredith Launches “Experience MORE!” Social Commerce Platform
- How to Bridge the Gap Between Mobile Programmatic and In-App Advertising