Former CBS Interactive Exec McLernon Heads to YuMe
ADOTAS – YuMe has brought home a powerhouse sales player as its new chief revenue officer: Scot McLernon, a 15-year veteran of of the industry and a former CBS Interactive executive.
McLernon can be credited with the development of three successful web advertising sales teams, including the CBS Marketwatch team. According to Forrester Research, his team recorded the highest revenue revenue per sales team member for four years in and took home the ASPY for Best Overall Sales Team on the web.
McLernon has long been involved in industry advocacy, serving on the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s board of directors and cofounding the Bay Area Interactive Group, which serves as a educational and networking resource for Bay-area interactive marketers. In his most recent position as president of Upstream Group, he created the seller training and networking event Habitat.
As chief revenue officer, the sales heads of YuMe’s East and West regions will report to McLernon while he builds on the success of the company’s ACE ad management platform.
“YuMe has considerably changed the online video advertising community and closed 2009, a rough year by most accounts, with truly impressive numbers,” said McLernon. “I’m fortunate to join a company that is truly an innovator and leader in the industry.”
YuMe has launched an impressive array of products in the last year, most recently the Triple Play, which adds interactive options to the end of a 20-second video. Fourth quarter 2009 saw the company serve more than 2.5 billion in-stream ads.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- AffinityAnswers Expands to Germany, UK; AppsFlyer’s New Analysis Tool; SourceMedia Adds Data-Driven Products; Ad Serving, Direct Deals & OTT Drive SpotX’s Growth; Jenny Jones Joins Telmar NA
- Loi Sapin 2.0: Parlez-vous Transparency? What the New French Law Means for Global Marketers
- They’re Here! SMS, Chatbots & a Halo of AI
- Rapt Media and Kaltura Team Up
- Ad-Juster Launches New Concierge Service from NYC; Promotes Sharon Smith; Brings in James Lane & Joseph Justin Lewis