Social media hits video game console
ADOTAS – As in-game advertising has shown promising results, advertisers will be able to connect with gamers on a new front: social media.
The latest Xbox 360 update includes integrations with Facebook, Twitter and last.fm. So in between levels of “Call of Duty,” a player can tweet about how quick he or she cleared the airport segment. Even more interesting, Facebook users will be able to tell which friends are currently on Xbox Live.
Currently the social media integration is only available for those over 18. Initial reports suggest features of the social websites have been smoothly transferred to the console.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- MediaBrix Brings Sound and Haptics to In-App Mobile Branding Ads
- More Companies Take Control of Programmatic Advertising In House
- Videology Questions Reliability Of Viewability Metrics On Successful Campaigns
- Operative Appoints Rick Glickman as Chief Financial Officer
- Adweek Announces Global, United States and Digital Agencies of the Year for 2014