Social media hits video game console
ADOTAS – As in-game advertising has shown promising results, advertisers will be able to connect with gamers on a new front: social media.
The latest Xbox 360 update includes integrations with Facebook, Twitter and last.fm. So in between levels of “Call of Duty,” a player can tweet about how quick he or she cleared the airport segment. Even more interesting, Facebook users will be able to tell which friends are currently on Xbox Live.
Currently the social media integration is only available for those over 18. Initial reports suggest features of the social websites have been smoothly transferred to the console.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Kitara Media Corp. Completes Merger with Future Ads
- Meredith to Acquire Popular Shape Brand From American Media, Names Tim O’Conner Publisher of New Shape Magazine
- Crossing the Channel Part 1: Digital Display Legos
- SXSW Interactive Innovation Awards Announce Nominees
- Adaptive Media CEO Qayed Murtaza Shareef Faces Up to 752 Years in Jail