Social media hits video game console
ADOTAS – As in-game advertising has shown promising results, advertisers will be able to connect with gamers on a new front: social media.
The latest Xbox 360 update includes integrations with Facebook, Twitter and last.fm. So in between levels of “Call of Duty,” a player can tweet about how quick he or she cleared the airport segment. Even more interesting, Facebook users will be able to tell which friends are currently on Xbox Live.
Currently the social media integration is only available for those over 18. Initial reports suggest features of the social websites have been smoothly transferred to the console.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- IBM and Kenshoo Partner to Deliver Premium Search Marketing Solutions
- AddThis Forms New Content Media Services Group; Appoints Three Industry Veterans to Senior Management Team
- USA TODAY Sports Weekly Launches Socially-Integrated App Across All Major Platforms, Powered By MAZ
- Facebook vs. HasOffers, & Why the Mobile App Tracking Landscape Needs to be Disrupted
- Qriously Expands U.S. & U.K. Marketing & Sales Teams, Opens Paris Office