Ho Humm, Free Wifi Leads War for eYeBalls
Yahoo is now offering a free wifi connection for the nearly half a million daily people in the Big Apple’s Time Square. One can only speculate that the new service is provided in hopes of stimulating search and site activity from a vast unique audience who will rapidly sample the service and become reacquainted with Yahoo.
As the search warfare continues between Yahoo, Google and Microsoft, free wifi connections maybe a new frontier to winning audience. However with Google rapidly deploying free wifi in airports, cities and common community areas Yahoo may be showing up in many new locations to compete.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Sizmek’s Picks: Ads of the Week Sept. 28-Oct.2
- engage:BDR Announces Mobile Certified Partnership with Neustar
- Ad-Blocking Around the World: What All Marketers Must Know
- IAB: “Ad-Blocking Is Highway Robbery”
- Altimeter Releases Study–From Web Traffic to Foot Traffic: How Brands and Retailers Can Leverage Digital Content to Power In-Store Sales