Ho Humm, Free Wifi Leads War for eYeBalls
Yahoo is now offering a free wifi connection for the nearly half a million daily people in the Big Apple’s Time Square. One can only speculate that the new service is provided in hopes of stimulating search and site activity from a vast unique audience who will rapidly sample the service and become reacquainted with Yahoo.
As the search warfare continues between Yahoo, Google and Microsoft, free wifi connections maybe a new frontier to winning audience. However with Google rapidly deploying free wifi in airports, cities and common community areas Yahoo may be showing up in many new locations to compete.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- L2 Names Scott Ernst CEO to drive Global Expansion & Product Portfolio
- Nasmedia and Lotame Announce Strategic Partnership
- Simulmedia Promotes Julie Nolan to Chief People Officer
- Sizmek Acquires Aerify Media to Bolster Mobile Tracking, Attribution and Retargeting Capabilities
- IAB MIXX Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing