Ho Humm, Free Wifi Leads War for eYeBalls
Yahoo is now offering a free wifi connection for the nearly half a million daily people in the Big Apple’s Time Square. One can only speculate that the new service is provided in hopes of stimulating search and site activity from a vast unique audience who will rapidly sample the service and become reacquainted with Yahoo.
As the search warfare continues between Yahoo, Google and Microsoft, free wifi connections maybe a new frontier to winning audience. However with Google rapidly deploying free wifi in airports, cities and common community areas Yahoo may be showing up in many new locations to compete.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Nielsen Total Audience Report Asks: With Nearly Unlimited Content Options, How Many Do Consumers Really Use?
- Advertiser Perceptions Report: 2016 Upfront/NewFronts Have Renewed Influence On Advertiser Spending
- UnrulyX, an Outstream Video SSP, To Unify Demand Sources For Publishers
- CIMM Partners with 4A’s to Explore Best Practices In Cross-Platform Attribution and ROI Analysis
- Going Native: What Makes It Work, What Makes It Fail