Online advertising pricing rises after fall
Industry ad pricing levels have increased 35 percent since the start of 2009, according to PubMatic, the ad optimization service company. Pricing for ad inventory sold through indirect channels such as ad networks and ad exchanges has steadily increased every month, gaining 47% since the end of January.
“Although ad pricing has not returned to year-ago levels, the industry has gone up consistently every month since January 2009. The worst may be behind us,” Rajeev Goel, PubMatic Co-Founder and CEO, said in a statement. “There is more hope that Fall online ad spending may reach near-normal levels.”
While 2008 experienced record lows in online ad pricing, 2009 has shown consecutive ad price growth for every month since the start of the year. PubMatic found that each month has had steady percentage growth over the previous month, ranging from 3 percent to as much as 17 percent.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Mobile Moments, AdTech & Artificial Intelligence
- CONTENTSQUARE LAUNCHES AI-Powered UX PERFORMANCE CENTER
- Goodbye Doesn’t Mean Forever: How To Leverage Omnichannel Marketing For Re-Engagement
- TMBI’s Survey Examines Attitudes Toward Digital Buying
- AffinityAnswers Expands to Germany, UK; AppsFlyer’s New Analysis Tool; SourceMedia Adds Data-Driven Products; more…