UK-based mobile firm 2ergo acquires Wapfly Technologies
2ergo, a provider of convergent mobile communications for business, entertainment and marketing, has bought Australian-based Wapfly Technologies, as part of a move to extend its global reach into the Asia-Pacific region. No terms were disclosed.
Wapfly is a mobile services agency, which specializes in developing mobile internet, mobile applications and mobile marketing services for brands, broadcasters and agencies. The company has experience with applications and mobile internet sites for the new generation of smart phones including the Google Android and Apple iPhone.
Neale Graham, Joint CEO of 2ergo plc, said in a statement: :This is a significant deal for both businesses as we can offer each other real competitive advantages. We have been looking to invest in the region for some time and this deal provides a platform for further investment and the growth of 2ergo in Asia Pacific. Wapfly brings with it a dedicated mobile applications team which compliments 2ergo’s portfolio of mobile enabling technology. Its high-end mobile publishing and content software is compatible with our core enabling technology platform, Multiserve, which means that we can quickly launch the new world-class products across the Group.”
2ergo provides the enabling technology behind major mobile marketing, customer relationship management and entertainment and media campaigns for some of the world’s biggest brands including, Yahoo, O2, Microsoft, Fox News and AT&T.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- AffinityAnswers Expands to Germany, UK; AppsFlyer’s New Analysis Tool; SourceMedia Adds Data-Driven Products; Ad Serving, Direct Deals & OTT Drive SpotX’s Growth; Jenny Jones Joins Telmar NA
- Loi Sapin 2.0: Parlez-vous Transparency? What the New French Law Means for Global Marketers
- They’re Here! SMS, Chatbots & a Halo of AI
- Rapt Media and Kaltura Team Up
- Ad-Juster Launches New Concierge Service from NYC; Promotes Sharon Smith; Brings in James Lane & Joseph Justin Lewis