UK-based mobile firm 2ergo acquires Wapfly Technologies
2ergo, a provider of convergent mobile communications for business, entertainment and marketing, has bought Australian-based Wapfly Technologies, as part of a move to extend its global reach into the Asia-Pacific region. No terms were disclosed.
Wapfly is a mobile services agency, which specializes in developing mobile internet, mobile applications and mobile marketing services for brands, broadcasters and agencies. The company has experience with applications and mobile internet sites for the new generation of smart phones including the Google Android and Apple iPhone.
Neale Graham, Joint CEO of 2ergo plc, said in a statement: :This is a significant deal for both businesses as we can offer each other real competitive advantages. We have been looking to invest in the region for some time and this deal provides a platform for further investment and the growth of 2ergo in Asia Pacific. Wapfly brings with it a dedicated mobile applications team which compliments 2ergo’s portfolio of mobile enabling technology. Its high-end mobile publishing and content software is compatible with our core enabling technology platform, Multiserve, which means that we can quickly launch the new world-class products across the Group.”
2ergo provides the enabling technology behind major mobile marketing, customer relationship management and entertainment and media campaigns for some of the world’s biggest brands including, Yahoo, O2, Microsoft, Fox News and AT&T.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Meredith Xcelerated Marketing Recognized with Top Honors at 2014 Content Marketing Awards
- InMobi inks global partnership with Factual to increase Mobile Ad Efficacy for Brands
- Eyeview and LiveRamp Partnership Delivers Powerful Data Solutions to Brands
- Rubicon Project Selected to Power Global Exchange for International Media Group, Future plc
- Evolve Media Further Strengthens Viewability Through Partnership with Moat