FountainBlues March 9 High Tech Forum: Virtual Worlds: The Hype, The Reality, The In-Between
Date: 3/9/09 – 5:30 pm
Location: Microsoft Conference Center, Building 1, 1065 La Avenida St., Mountain View, CA
Cost: Member: $20, Partners: $25, General by 3/6 at noon: $30. For annual members hip & admission: $40
Virtual Worlds: The Hype, The Reality, The In-Between The emergence of social virtual worlds as a cultural and business phenomenon has astounded and mystified some, and excited and profited others. In these trying economic times, people are escaping to fantasy lands and adopting new online personas, businesses are profiting from the upsurge of people actively participating at many creative levels, investors are looking carefully at the returns for existing companies, and corporations are wondering how virtual worlds will make them money, while providing better service for their customers.
So what’s the hype, what’s the reality, and what’s the in-between, as this industry emerges? This month, we have gathered a panel to discuss the above and more.
Our panel will feature:
* Facilitator Glenn Von Tersch, Partner, TIPS Group
* Panelist Anne-Marie Roussel, Microsoft
* Panelist Robin Harper, Former VP of Marketing and Community Development, Second Life, Linden Labs
* Panelist Steve Nelson, Executive Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer, Clear Ink
* Panelist Susan Stucky, Research Manager, IBM