The global economic downturn was blamed for the restructuring, and LiveJournal’s global product development and design will now be coordinated out of its Moscow office, according to the company. Its headquarters , technical operations, and servers, legal, administration and the customer service teams will remain in the United States. LiveJournal, owned by SUP, will also have new leadership. Matthew Berardo, vice president and general manager will be leaving the company and Stephanie Gravelle, currently LiveJournal Inc.’s director of finance and administration and Sergei Komarov, currently CTO of SUP will jointly lead. * The company says about a dozen, about 20 percent of its workforce, was laid off.
One blogger says there was no severance or advance warning of the layoffs. Gawker thinks the social networking market has finally burst and others, such as Hi5, MyYearbook, will follow. If even Facebook and MySpace have problems making more money than they spend, the smaller ones will be soon fade away.
* Corrected from earlier version. Gawker said 20 were laid off.
– Express your opinion, comment below.
- Pingback from January 6 - Microsoft Mum? - Logitech Trims 525 - No Apple for 3000 LA Teachers? - Wind Blows Cold for 20% at DMI - 350 Gone at R.L. Stowe - IRS Files Away 711 - Brunswick Sinks 275 « The Layoff List
- Pingback from WPP’s Ogilvy & Mather Layoffs » Adotas
- Pingback from Layoff tracker » Adotas
I am currently seeking a project manager with 2 years of firm IT experience under their belt. Please send me your resume if interested.
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s