The global economic downturn was blamed for the restructuring, and LiveJournal’s global product development and design will now be coordinated out of its Moscow office, according to the company. Its headquarters , technical operations, and servers, legal, administration and the customer service teams will remain in the United States. LiveJournal, owned by SUP, will also have new leadership. Matthew Berardo, vice president and general manager will be leaving the company and Stephanie Gravelle, currently LiveJournal Inc.’s director of finance and administration and Sergei Komarov, currently CTO of SUP will jointly lead. * The company says about a dozen, about 20 percent of its workforce, was laid off.
One blogger says there was no severance or advance warning of the layoffs. Gawker thinks the social networking market has finally burst and others, such as Hi5, MyYearbook, will follow. If even Facebook and MySpace have problems making more money than they spend, the smaller ones will be soon fade away.
* Corrected from earlier version. Gawker said 20 were laid off.
– Express your opinion, comment below.
- Pingback from January 6 - Microsoft Mum? - Logitech Trims 525 - No Apple for 3000 LA Teachers? - Wind Blows Cold for 20% at DMI - 350 Gone at R.L. Stowe - IRS Files Away 711 - Brunswick Sinks 275 « The Layoff List
- Pingback from WPP’s Ogilvy & Mather Layoffs » Adotas
- Pingback from Layoff tracker » Adotas
I am currently seeking a project manager with 2 years of firm IT experience under their belt. Please send me your resume if interested.
Leave a Comment
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than