IBM, Microsoft, Massive Layoff Rumors
ADOTAS — Considering the recent massive layoffs that traumatized everyone, even those that survived, there was hope that the new year would at least give some respite.
But with quarterly numbers ready to come out, the layoff rumors and speculation has ramped up and targeted two behomeths: Microsoft and IBM.
News of Microsoft doing something by Jan. 15 has long been rumored, and some say restructuring is long overdue. But now people are saying 15,000 people worldwide, 17 percent of its workforce, could be laid off. Considering it was/still in play to buy parts of Yahoo, restructuring or selling off units, such as MSN, seems more likely. But 15,000? Wow, that’s some rumor. Of course this was a rumor at one point too.
“One message states that IBM will announce 16,000 layoffs on Jan. 23, affecting workers worldwide. Similar predictions are made in other recent posts on the site, which is run by the Alliance@IBM/Communications Workers of America Local 1701, a union that is trying to organize IBM workers.”
Now, scaring workers wouldn’t exactly be a new tactic in a union-organizing effort. So we’ll see about that.
– Express your opinion, comment below.
- Pingback from WPP’s Ogilvy & Mather Layoffs » Adotas
- Pingback from Small Businesses Battered » Adotas
Are you serious??? You are accusing alliance@ibm of using scare tactics of job losses for membership????? People are LOSING their jobs. It’s true. We are sure to finally get the bullet after 29 years of service. Funny, we just miss out on our health savings account, medical benefits and making the other standard ’30′ year promised benefits!! Thank GOD for alliance@ibm!!! They are there for the people being treated incredibly insensitively at IBM. The wrong type of people are running ibm now. Thank you alliance and goodbye and goodriddance to ibm
Leave a Comment
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- NetSeer Appoints Dennis Clerke President of Monetization December 5th 2013 MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – NetSeer™, the [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers?: [...] like Digimarc have been bridging the gap between print ads and online tracking by