Publishers Clearing House Tweet
Or at least it’s trying not to be. Publishers Clearing House, which sells magazine subscriptions, advertising on its websites and merchandise directly, is starting a new marketing campaign aimed at a younger demographic, using Twitter, iPhones, Myspace and Facebook.
The company, which was buffeted by lawsuits several years ago, has been struggling to find more revenue, and its unclear if contests with cash prizes will draw enough new eyeballs.
“It’s a challenge for us, make no mistake,” Alex Betancur, the general manager and vice president of PCH Online Network, told the New York Times. “We’re saying, how can we become relevant to these folks that are using Facebook and Twitter? I can’t say that we’ve solved it, but I can say we’re trying very, very hard as a company to understand what this means.”
Online games, especially casual games, seem to be on an upswing, so the company could leverage the growing attraction. Betancur also uttered a statement that most do when talking about Twitter.
“The truth of the matter is,” he said, “we have no idea how we would make money on Twitter.”
–Express your opinion, comment below.
for starts, Twitter won’t make you money, but Twitter’s TRAFFIC might. If you can get enough followers and then incentivize them to visit, you’ll collect more offline data on a demographic which you do not see with you current model.
Alex I would love to talk to you about this topic. 140 characters is not enough space to explain how you can make Twitter work for you.
what is the date and time the winner is announced ?
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]