Taboola Unveils Viewer-Boosting Video Product, Rakes in $4.5M
ADOTAS – Video recommendation provider Taboola hopes to help publishers monetize online video with a product dubbed ViDiscovery. It was designed to simplify viewers’ video discovery experience, therefore improving user engagement and viewership.Taboola’s technology analyzes the context and content of each video and anonymously studies the viewing patterns of users as they view videos on publishers’ websites using proprietary contextual analysis and collaborative filtering technologies.
The company’s clients, including 5Min.com, aniBoom, AsktheBuilder and Sclipo.com reported these results with ViDiscovery:
* 30-42% increase in the percent of viewers who watched an entire video
* 25-35% increase in the numbers of video views
* 15% increase in distinct videos viewed (video inventory reinvigoration)
“Why is discovery important with video? With search, users usually know what they’re looking for, but with video, users are seeking out an experience, and the results for an experiential query like ‘funny video’ requires personalization which is not possible with search,” Henit Vitos, Taboola’s Vice President of Business Development and Sales, told ADOTAS. “Taboola’s ViDiscovery video recommendation solution simplifies the way that users discover videos on our publisher’s site, and improves the video viewing experience, as proven by the improvement in video viewing metrics, which ultimately will enable better monetization for video publishers.”
Taboola ViDiscovery video recommendation solution, based on the company’s patent-pending technology, analyzes the context and content of each video and anonymously studies the viewing patterns of users as they view videos on publishers’ websites using proprietary contextual analysis and collaborative filtering technologies. Using the aggregated knowledge from the analysis of videos and viewing patterns, Taboola’s technology aims to accurately predict the subsequent videos that will interest each viewer.
In other news, Taboola announced a $4.5 million second round of funding led by Evergreen Venture Partners. In this round of funding, Evergreen was joined by a group of strategic Israeli & American angel investors.
Leave a Comment
- IBM and Kenshoo Partner to Deliver Premium Search Marketing Solutions
- AddThis Forms New Content Media Services Group; Appoints Three Industry Veterans to Senior Management Team
- USA TODAY Sports Weekly Launches Socially-Integrated App Across All Major Platforms, Powered By MAZ
- Facebook vs. HasOffers, & Why the Mobile App Tracking Landscape Needs to be Disrupted
- Qriously Expands U.S. & U.K. Marketing & Sales Teams, Opens Paris Office