Cash-Strapped Moms Plot Scroogy Holiday Season
ADOTAS – Confirming retailers’ darkest fears, American mothers are planning on keeping a short leash on spending this holiday season, according to an industry association called the Marketing to Moms Coalition.
Women with children plan to spend about $660 on average this year, $50 less than last year. Cuts are biggest for mothers with teens and children aged 7 to 12.
Offline retailers will take the biggest hit (8%) with online holiday spending seeing a 2% downturn. Most mothers surveyed (87%) said they planned to shop at stores like Wal-Mart and Target this season.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Will Facebook’s New Promoted Videos Haul in Hundred$ of Million$?
- xAd Finds Retail Related Mobile Search Activity is 24% Greater on Christmas Eve Than Black Friday
- Sojern Secures $10 Million in Series C Funding Led by Triangle Peak Partners
- Lindsay Lohan Lends Star Power to ‘Just Sing It’ Re-Launch
- JiWire Raises the Bar in Mobile Advertising With Advanced Audience Targeting and ROI Solutions
Adknowledge CPM Email Advertising Showing ‘Google-Like’ ResultsKANSAS CITY, Mo., December 16, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge’s email channel, AdStation, has announced CPM-based pricing for email advertisers and [...] more...
- Will Facebook’s New Promoted Videos Haul in Hundred$ of Million$? December 17th 2013 ADOTAS – If you’re a Facebook user, you’ve likely noticed [...] more »
- xAd Finds Retail Related Mobile Search Activity is 24% Greater on Christmas Eve Than Black Friday December 17th 2013 NEW YORK, December 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) – xAd, the only global [...] more »
- Sojern Secures $10 Million in Series C Funding Led by Triangle Peak Partners December 17th 2013 SAN FRANCISCO, December 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Sojern, the world’s [...] more »
- Lindsay Lohan Lends Star Power to ‘Just Sing It’ Re-Launch December 17th 2013 ADOTAS – Just Sing It on iOS has been re-launched [...] more »
- JiWire Raises the Bar in Mobile Advertising With Advanced Audience Targeting and ROI Solutions December 17th 2013 SAN FRANCISCO, December 17, 2013 (ADOTAS) — JiWire, the leading [...] more »
- Adblock Plus Fuels the Debate over Native Ads December 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In a move to fuel healthy industry discussion, [...] more »
- Yahoo! Announces New ‘Programmatic Guaranteed’ Partners December 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Yahoo! today announced new partner integrations with Yahoo Programmatic [...] more »
- Why The Future of Mobile Ad Tech is SaaS: 3 Lessons from Enterprise Software December 17th 2013
- Hulu Wants to Become Part of Pay-TV December 16th 2013
- Gmail Image Changes: What It Means for Marketers December 16th 2013
- From Click to Brick, How Apple’s iBeacon Changes the Ad Game December 16th 2013
- Let’s Stop Debating Whether or Not Super Bowl Ads are Worth It December 13th 2013
- Sr. Account Manager: Advertising client management
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Jay: Hulu went from a legal alternative to PeekVid to a cable channel.
- Adblock Plus Fuels the Debate over Native Ads: [...] advertisers and publishers to define parameters for the native ad format and recently published
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud And The Anatomy Of A Botnet « InsideDigital.org: [...] reports presage the evolution of highly specialized computer hacks yet to come. Richard L.
- VisualDNA integrates with AdapTV, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocketfuel: [...] Krux and Rocketfuel: meaning a wider number of DSPs and now DMPs can access