Cash-Strapped Moms Plot Scroogy Holiday Season
ADOTAS – Confirming retailers’ darkest fears, American mothers are planning on keeping a short leash on spending this holiday season, according to an industry association called the Marketing to Moms Coalition.
Women with children plan to spend about $660 on average this year, $50 less than last year. Cuts are biggest for mothers with teens and children aged 7 to 12.
Offline retailers will take the biggest hit (8%) with online holiday spending seeing a 2% downturn. Most mothers surveyed (87%) said they planned to shop at stores like Wal-Mart and Target this season.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Factual Joins the Network Advertising Initiative
- Beacons Help Professional Sports Teams Reclaim $1 Billion in Lost Ticket Sales
- Mobile Moment Targeting–The Lessons from (we know you’re tired of hearing about it) Pokémon Go
- Video Advertising Bureau: TV Brands Dominate Millennials’ Video Viewing
- Retail-Related Mobile Searches Continue Once Customer Enters Store: Hitwise