Cash-Strapped Moms Plot Scroogy Holiday Season
ADOTAS – Confirming retailers’ darkest fears, American mothers are planning on keeping a short leash on spending this holiday season, according to an industry association called the Marketing to Moms Coalition.
Women with children plan to spend about $660 on average this year, $50 less than last year. Cuts are biggest for mothers with teens and children aged 7 to 12.
Offline retailers will take the biggest hit (8%) with online holiday spending seeing a 2% downturn. Most mothers surveyed (87%) said they planned to shop at stores like Wal-Mart and Target this season.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Mobile Moments, AdTech & Artificial Intelligence
- CONTENTSQUARE LAUNCHES AI-Powered UX PERFORMANCE CENTER
- Goodbye Doesn’t Mean Forever: How To Leverage Omnichannel Marketing For Re-Engagement
- TMBI’s Survey Examines Attitudes Toward Digital Buying
- AffinityAnswers Expands to Germany, UK; AppsFlyer’s New Analysis Tool; SourceMedia Adds Data-Driven Products; more…