Cash-Strapped Moms Plot Scroogy Holiday Season
ADOTAS – Confirming retailers’ darkest fears, American mothers are planning on keeping a short leash on spending this holiday season, according to an industry association called the Marketing to Moms Coalition.
Women with children plan to spend about $660 on average this year, $50 less than last year. Cuts are biggest for mothers with teens and children aged 7 to 12.
Offline retailers will take the biggest hit (8%) with online holiday spending seeing a 2% downturn. Most mothers surveyed (87%) said they planned to shop at stores like Wal-Mart and Target this season.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Outbrain Makes Deal with ESPN: Delivering sponsored content to users
- ChoiceStream Rolls Out Thunderdome
- Sizmek Presents: Ads of the Week March 23rd -27th
- iPinYou Releases 2015 Report: Key Trends & Insights of Programmatic Advertising in China
- News Bits: Allstate’s Takeover Ad at March Madness–It’s Mayhem; Leadspace Doubles Customer Roster; Simulmedia and DoubleVerify Hires