UMG To Distribute Music Videos on Kiwibox
ADOTAS – Universal Music Group has agreed to provide teen social networking and online mag Kiwibox users with access to thousands of music videos. UMG’s music video catalog will be interwoven into Kiwibox’s exclusive teen editorial content under the title of “Kiwibox Music Videos” and plans to launch in Q4 of 2008.
“Music remains one of the most important outlets of teen expression and Kiwibox has long been a leader in promoting artists to its rapidly expanding community,” said Lin Dai, CEO of Kiwibox. “This UMG partnership validates our long-standing relationship with the music industry and commitment to providing valuable content for teens. As we continue to innovate with the latest technology and entertainment, we will look for ways to further enhance the overall user experience.”
UMG video content will be ad-supported and Kiwibox, artists, labels and copyright holders will all receive a share of revenue from the ads displayed next to their music video content.
Kiwibox recently underwent a complete site redesign, introducing new profile pages, increased prizes for users, new KiwiGames, KiwiboxTV featuring exclusive interviews and enhanced weekly and daily content from members around the world.
Universal Music Group’s record labels include Decca, Deutsche Grammophon, Disa, Emarcy, Fonovisa, Interscope Geffen A&M Records, Island Def Jam Music Group, Lost Highway Records, Machete Music, MCA Nashville, Mercury Nashville, Mercury Records, Philips, Polydor Records, Universal Motown Republic Group, Universal Music Latino, Universal Records South, and Verve Music Group as well as a multitude of record labels owned or distributed by its record company subsidiaries around the world.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- YouAppi Infographic–Mobile Marketers Are Optimistic About the Future of Apps; Blis Integrates With World’s Largest Beacon Network; Kaltura’s New Lecture Capture Solution; Telmar founder and chairman Stanley P. Federman dies at 78
- The Role of Transparency in the Digital Age
- Stalled At Install: AppLift on Just Why Re-Engagement Matters
- Game, [Data] Set, Match: How Deep Learning Turned Sci-Fi-esque Predictive Intelligence Into Reality
- Growth of Location-Based Mobile Video Ads Is 2016′s Top Mobile Ad Trend