Viacom Slowing To Snail’s Pace
ADOTAS – In a conference at Sanford Bernstein & Co. yesterday, Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman warned company investors that despite dodging the economic downturn and having a fortuitous first quarter, the firm may not see double for Q2. He acknowledged the decline in the advertising industry has been affecting business. In his speech, Dauman predicted that Viacom’s Q2 would only see a growth of 3%-4% ad opposed the 7% seen in March.
Dauman stated “We are seeing some signs of softness in some categories. We are in an economically uncertain environment.” Analyst for Sanford C. Bernstein, Michael Nathanson was quoted on Bloomberg.com to say “This is the first indication of national advertising slowing.”
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Does Your Company Have a Chief Localization Officer?
- AdTheorent’s Travel & Tourism Industry Mobile Ad Performance Analyses
- The Next Stage of Programmatic: Uniting Brand CMOs with Publisher CROs
- Toi’s iOS App Genee Launches into Public Beta
- Stephen Pickens, VP at Kre8 Media, Is Moderator at OMMA Attribution Event; Marcelo Ferreira Is Co-CEO of RevMob; Paul Grueber and Sunil Bhagwan Join AppsFlyer