ADSDAQ To Boost Ad Reach for Publishers
ADOTAS – The decades-long, legendary tug-of-war between publishers and advertisers over ad reach will likely never end, but ADSDAQ is hoping to quell the chaos. Contextual advertising company ContextWeb Inc. and operator of the ADSDAQ Exchange is launching a reach-extension program for Web publishers who want to get additional, targeted reach for interactive advertising campaigns.
The Reach Extension Program was designed for publishers to add reach with ADSDAQ’s page-specific targeting to existing ad campaigns and help pitch larger ad programs right away. The program will end inventory holding cost for publishers and is theoretically risk-free since publishers buy on the exchange only when they have a specific need for additional audience and content.
“We have used the Reach Extension Program on a number of occasions and it adds significant value for our publishers and advertisers,” Paul DeBraccio, CEO of Interevco.com, a rep firm for health, travel and healthy-living Web sites, said in a statement. “We are able to fulfill additional advertiser demand by accessing brand-safe inventory on short notice through the Reach Extension Program. This is especially helpful when our normal inventory is sold out, or when advertisers are looking for more reach within specific, targeted categories.”
How it works: publishers bid for specific inventory on the exchange and if it’s available for the price they’re shooting for, they simply purchase and package it with the existing inventory they have for any given ad campaign. ADSDAQ cites eMarketer stats that predict display advertising spending will grow about 21% a year through 2011, but points out that the online user base is spreading itself very thin, making targeting increasingly difficult.
“[T]he online user base is getting highly fragmented as users spend more and more time on the long tail sites. Publishers such as Forbes and Martha Stewart are combating this user fragmentation by creating their own networks of long tail sites,” Shanthi Sarkar, senior vice president of product management and operations at ContextWeb, Inc., said in a release. “The ADSDAQ Reach Extension program provides an out-of-the-box solution that enables publishers to instantly create their own branded network on the Exchange, without all the cost and effort of building and maintaining their own networks.”
The ADSDAQ Exchange includes more than 400 advertisers and more than 5,000 publishers.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- NetSeer Appoints Dennis Clerke President of Monetization December 5th 2013 MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – NetSeer™, the [...] more »
- RealityMine Acquires USA TouchPoints December 5th 2013 MANCHESTER, U.K., December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) — RealityMine, a leading [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Paid to Post? What the Social Workforce Means for All of Us December 4th 2013
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Audience Development Manager
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers?: [...] like Digimarc have been bridging the gap between print ads and online tracking by
- Big Brands Have the Edge in Search Engine Results « egy: [...] Permalink [...]