AOL Unveils Open AIM 2.0
ADOTAS — Developers just got a brand new toy, courtesy of AOL. The company today announced the launch of Open AIM 2.0, a product that allows developers to access the AIM instant messaging network faster and integrate AIM into their sites and applications in customizable ways.
Open AIM 2.0 offers free SDKs and APIs that support third-party chat services, as well as IM applications for cell phones, enterprise and international use. meebo and eBuddy were the first to sign up for the new program.
Participants will also be able to generate income through AIM Money, a new ad-revenue sharing platform expected to debut in April.
“Our mission for AIM is to facilitate the world’s online, real-time conversations,” said David Liu, Senior Vice President, social media, messaging and homepages, AOL. “To that end, we’ve come together with third-party chat services such as meebo and eBuddy to enhance the experiences of our users who access the AIM platform from these Web-based services. We’re also giving developers the tools and flexibility they desire to build innovative and meaningful applications around instant messaging for Web users around the globe.”
- Pingback from ONLINE SERVICES/INTERACTIVE MEDIA « Daily Marauder
Leave a Comment
- Adadyn Adds Fully Automated Dynamic Ads Enhancements
- Myth Busting: Programmatic Advertising Does Not Kill Creative
- Leading Outstream Mobile Video Ad Categories
- Factual & InMobi Partner to Enable Location-Based PMPs
- Lotame Names Doron Wesly Senior VP Mtkg & CMO; Hotwire PR Adds Greg Mondshein as SVP and Laura Macdonald as VP; nFusion Hires HR Specialist Rebecca Al-Bannay