Internet and TV Fuel 2008 Spending Growth
According to a report by GroupM, television and the internet will fuel the growth of advertising spending in 2008. Much of the money seems headed towards search. In a quote by ClickZ, “I think the whole search area is primarily fueled by new money,” said Adam Smith, futures director at GroupM. “Search is the largest-growing component of Western marketing, and I think it represents the largest portion of genuinely new dollars.”
Internet ad spending in North America is expected to accelerate over 42 percent in 2008. GroupM reports that U.S. Web spend may be 11.9% of all advertising. That’s an incredible number considering the negligible spend from ten years ago.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- YouTube Unveils New Look for Mobile Site and Apps
- VidCon Creativity, Community & Fanatic Fans
- Sizmek Picks: Ads of the Week July 20-25th
- Frederic Joseph Joins S4M; Adadyn Appoints Senior Execs; Full Circle CRM Changes Name to Full Circle Insights
- Brands and Retailers Are Searching, Searching: Who Will Find the Pot of Gold?