Internet and TV Fuel 2008 Spending Growth
According to a report by GroupM, television and the internet will fuel the growth of advertising spending in 2008. Much of the money seems headed towards search. In a quote by ClickZ, “I think the whole search area is primarily fueled by new money,” said Adam Smith, futures director at GroupM. “Search is the largest-growing component of Western marketing, and I think it represents the largest portion of genuinely new dollars.”
Internet ad spending in North America is expected to accelerate over 42 percent in 2008. GroupM reports that U.S. Web spend may be 11.9% of all advertising. That’s an incredible number considering the negligible spend from ten years ago.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Interactive Video’s Expanding Influence and Power
- IRIS.TV & Vemba Partnership Offers Turnkey A.I./Machine Learning Personalization
- ScribbleLive Acquires Linkdex; Opera Mediawork’s Q2 Mobile First Insights Report; LoopMe Study On Video Ad Failures; Fluent’s Marketing to Millennials 2016
- Shareablee Becomes an Official Facebook Media Solutions Partner
- Influencer Marketing–The Key to Getting Around Ad Blocking?