Internet and TV Fuel 2008 Spending Growth
According to a report by GroupM, television and the internet will fuel the growth of advertising spending in 2008. Much of the money seems headed towards search. In a quote by ClickZ, “I think the whole search area is primarily fueled by new money,” said Adam Smith, futures director at GroupM. “Search is the largest-growing component of Western marketing, and I think it represents the largest portion of genuinely new dollars.”
Internet ad spending in North America is expected to accelerate over 42 percent in 2008. GroupM reports that U.S. Web spend may be 11.9% of all advertising. That’s an incredible number considering the negligible spend from ten years ago.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- NEWS BITS: Blab’s New Crystal Ball; adMarketplace Gets a New VP; Adaptive Medias Speeds up Ad Serving
- Fyber Expands Platform with Introduction of Real Time Bidding
- Google Now Auto-Converts Flash Ads to HTML5 on Mobile–THANKS!
- GSMA (Groupe Speciale Mobile Association) Sees Mobile Booming by 1 Billion New Subscribers
- Building on the Lessons Learned: Give Yourself a Head Start in Programmatic Mobile