Topix Forums Top The Daily News
Topix, the largest news community online, announced yesterday that the number of daily, active local forums on its site now exceeds the total number of daily newspapers in the United States for the first time. The local forums launched in December 2005 as part of Topix’s broader user-generated forum functionality.
The growth reflects Topix’s ability to meet the demand for local news and generate local engagement and online participation. The site draws over 12 million unique visitors a month and 70,000 forum posts per day. User activity has been generated across 20,000 local forums with 16 million forum posts and 3 million users across the site.
Chris Tolles, CEO of Topix said “Topix gives users the ability to contribute local stories and commentary in thousands of towns across the United States, which in turn provides Topix with a unique and valuable asset.” Topix users can also become citizen editors, helping to improve and better localize news content.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- VisitBritain Debuts New Content Marketing Campaign That’s Anything But Dull
- The CMO Club’s Pete Krainik Talks 2014 CMO Awards and Qualities of Successful Marketing Leaders
- Hearst Magazine Expands Partnership with Acxiom to Bring Marketing Service to the Cloud
- Yahoo Fights Back Doubters with Strong Third-Quarter Earnings
- Vdopia Launches Mobile Video Programmatic Marketplace