Accoona Launching IPO, Concerned?
Unlike in 1999, you don’t hear a lot about the gold rush of IPOs these days. On occassion one comes to light in online media, but for the most part bringing a company private is more practical due to the frustration and cost of the Sarbanes Oxley laws. However the recent IPO announcement of Accoona has brought interest and skepticism.
Accoona is defined as a search, lead generation and e-commerce company. As revealed in its filing it has lost approximately $80 million over the past three years with annual revenues in excess of $150 Million. For the three months ended March 31, Accoona reported a loss of $14.8 million, compared with a loss of $5.5 million the same period a year earlier. Revenue for the quarter rose to $37.5 million from $23 million the year-ago period.
As reported in VC Ratings, company co-founder Mr. Rousso and stockholder has raised some eyebrows from the S-1 filing. These are quotes from the S-1 filing:
- “In 1999, in the case titled The Government v. Rousso and Laroze, Mr. Rousso [company co-founder and stockholder] was convicted in France of, inter alia, securities fraud, and as part of the proceeding he was credited with time served and fined 120,000 euros.”
- On November 1, 2004, we entered into a Consulting Agreement with SPBD (a company wholly owned by Mr. Rousso, who is a co-founder and a substantial stockholder of ours). The agreement, which was subsequently amended on March 15, 2005, September 1, 2005, December 31, 2005; and August 4, 2006, is for strategic planning and business development services,
- On May 29, 2007, we entered into a Consulting Agreement with Kosai International Limited (“Kosai”). Jean-Gabriel Ture, a member of our Board, holds a 30% interest in Kosai and has served as one of Kosai’s director since 2004… We currently pay Kosai on a daily basis at the rate of $1,113 per day.
- Mr. Pfeiffer [former Compaq CEO who had been chairman of Accoona since 2004] resigned as a member of the board of directors in March 2007.
To date, substantially all of Accoona’s revenue has come from its e-commerce business in North America with a concentration in Appliances. The surprising point noted in the filing is that Accoona has no venture funding.
- Pingback from Search Engine Accoona Looking To Go Public - internalmi6.com - technology news xbox 360 ps3 software hardware unix windows
- Pingback from » Search Engine Accoona Looking To Go Public
Leave a Comment
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President
- BroadbandTV CEO is Named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum March 11th 2014 VANCOUVER, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Shahrzad Rafati, founder and CEO [...] more »
- Intent Media Hires Noted Travel Industry Exec Noreen Henry as VP of Business Development March 11th 2014 NEW YORK, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Intent Media, an [...] more »
- Ampush Appoints Rick Cotton as Chief Revenue Officer March 11th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Ampush, a leading [...] more »
- Facebook Exchange Partner Perfect Audience Taps into Google Merchant Accounts for Retargeting March 11th 2014 ADOTAS – You may already know that Facebook Exchange (FBX) [...] more »
- Covario Names Jeff MacGurn Senior Vice President March 11th 2014 SAN DIEGO, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) -– Covario, a leading independent [...] more »
- Kitara Media Appoints Chris Magdelinskas as Chief Technology Officer March 11th 2014 JERSEY CITY, March 11, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Kitara Media Corp. [...] more »
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- 5 Keys to Capitalizing on the Mobile Gaming Phenomenon March 11th 2014
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Fans Among Farmers, Filmmakers#Selfie Music Video Dominates With Help From Social Media InfluencersAdknowledge Acquires
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]