Google To Acquire Facebook?
There has been much speculation circulating recently over a potential acquisition of Facebook by Google. The two have been getting close and based on the recent spending spree Google has gone on with YouTube and DoubleClick, should the company decide they are interested there will be little getting their way.
There is concern though about the rumored talks between the two internet mainstays. Should Google seriously consider acquiring Facebook, they will have to take every precaution to not damage the still pending $900 million agreement with MySpace.
The social network, MySpace, is responsible for about 11% of Google’s search traffic.
There is no “non-compete” clause at current in the Google/MySpace agreement. There are theories that if they acquire Facebook, Google may push Rupert Murdoch, along with MySpace, over to their largest competitor — Yahoo.
The push for Yahoo to barter with Murdoch for MySpace is already on the table.
According to some experts, it has also been suggested that Facebook will file an S-1 to increase its valuation at the last-minute during the negotiation process.
Google’s getting too big and all-knowing, all-seeing. I don’t see how this could be good for users. Sure, a bunch of VCs would get to cash out, insanely early. But Zuckerberg keeps saying he wants to stay independent, that it’s the best course for the company — and, we might assume, for the users, then?
Maybe he actually means it. Wouldn’t that be novel — a CEO meaning what he says?
They won’t sell. Give me a break. People have been trying to buy them for a while.. have you see their Alex numbers since they added the Developer application?
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]