More articles by Sarah Novotny
Google To Acquire Facebook?
There has been much speculation circulating recently over a potential acquisition of Facebook by Google. The two have been getting close and based on the recent spending spree Google has gone on with YouTube and DoubleClick, should the company decide they are interested there will be little getting their way.
There is concern though about the rumored talks between the two internet mainstays. Should Google seriously consider acquiring Facebook, they will have to take every precaution to not damage the still pending $900 million agreement with MySpace.
The social network, MySpace, is responsible for about 11% of Google’s search traffic.
There is no “non-compete” clause at current in the Google/MySpace agreement. There are theories that if they acquire Facebook, Google may push Rupert Murdoch, along with MySpace, over to their largest competitor — Yahoo.
The push for Yahoo to barter with Murdoch for MySpace is already on the table.
According to some experts, it has also been suggested that Facebook will file an S-1 to increase its valuation at the last-minute during the negotiation process.
Google’s getting too big and all-knowing, all-seeing. I don’t see how this could be good for users. Sure, a bunch of VCs would get to cash out, insanely early. But Zuckerberg keeps saying he wants to stay independent, that it’s the best course for the company — and, we might assume, for the users, then?
Maybe he actually means it. Wouldn’t that be novel — a CEO meaning what he says?
They won’t sell. Give me a break. People have been trying to buy them for a while.. have you see their Alex numbers since they added the Developer application?
Leave a Comment
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Watch it Live: Xbox Reveal, 5/21 at Noon EDT/10 a.m. PDT May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via CNET) – Check out CNET’s live coverage of [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- AFAIK: Poptent, Clear Channel Outdoor, Infusionsoft, Silverpop May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Here’s what jumped out of my Inbox and [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and