Travelocity’s Launches FareWatcher Sidebar
Travelocity has announced the launch of a desktop sidebar fare-monitoring feature, which the online travel agent claims is an industry first. The new Travelocity FareWatcher tool will notify travelers of their flight routes and price drops on pre-selected flights. The service is available to users of the Microsoft Vista operating system, which hit shelves this past January. Through a Vista Sidebar feature, users can receive their personalized flight information as updates become available.
Other perks of this service are other channels where consumers will be able to access travel content relevant to their needs faster, whether they registered with FareWatcher via email, RSS feed, or are just setting it up for the first time.
“Because our customers repeatedly tell us that FareWatcher is one of Travelocity’s most valued tools, we wanted to make it even easier for them to track deals to the destinations that truly matter to them. While we’re always working to find our members the best deals, we’re equally focused on giving them personalized information that adds real value to the entire trip experience,” said Jeffrey Glueck, chief marketing officer for Travelocity, in a statement.
By installing Microsoft Vista and then downloading FareWatcher, users can immediately gain access to the new feature, the key selling points of which are that it will continually update itself when Travelocity finds a price decrease for pre-selected routes, highlight featured flight promotions across the site, show booking capability options, and allow for consumer feedback.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Rakuten MediaForge Chooses LiveRamp To Bridge Gap Between Customer Databases and Online Marketing for Brands December 12th 2013 SALT LAKE CITY, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Online marketers [...] more »
- VisualDNA Integrates with Adap.tv, Advertising.com, DataXu, Krux & Rocket Fuel December 12th 2013 LONDON, December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Audience insights company VisualDNA [...] more »
- Simpli.fi Closes $16MM Round of Series B Funding December 12th 2013 FORT WORTH, TX., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Simpli.fi, an [...] more »
- MyCityWay Partners with USA TODAY to Launch Vegas-Themed App December 12th 2013 NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA., December 12, 2013 (ADOTAS) – [...] more »
- Study: Dispop Trumps Google Display Advertising in Side-By-Side Comparison December 11th 2013 ADOTAS – Lest we forget, Google is an advertising company [...] more »
- Rubicon Project Strengthens Senior Leadership Team With Strategic New Hires December 11th 2013 LOS ANGELES, December 11, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Rubicon Project (www.rubiconproject.com), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Is Ex-PayPal SVP The Person Leaving Ginormous ‘Tips for Jesus’? December 11th 2013 ADOTAS — A New York waiter claims that Jack Selby, [...] more »
- 5 Mobile Strategies to Make Marketers Merry During the Holidays … and Beyond December 12th 2013
- Gone In 10 Seconds: How the Pioneers of Snapchat Marketing Use the App to Build Their Brand December 12th 2013
- SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet December 11th 2013
- Survey: Effective Content Marketing Requires 10 or More Posts a Day December 10th 2013
- Sharpen Your Marketing Strategy with Accountable Media December 10th 2013
- Digital Media Specialist - Video
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Why Social Media Will Live Past their “Expiry Dates”: [...] in social media stock prices. In May 2012, Facebook reported a $35 billion loss
- Chris Zaharias: Very interesting data. All respect due to Google for having built and scaled tools for
- Dick Bennett CEO: Richard, I (and my company)have been on this scene for years. We performed the initial
- CimatronE 11 Provides Italian Manufacturer With Major Gun Drilling Efficiencies | contractor-software.us: [...] SPECIAL REPORT: Ad Fraud and the Anatomy of a Botnet Click fraud, pixel-jacking and