Beijing Slams Sohu for Posting U.S. Movies Online
In a case that marks a win for Hollywood studios and online intellectual property, a Beijing court has ordered Chinese portal Sohu.com to pay nearly $139,000 for illegally distributing U.S.-produced movies.
The Motion Picture Association (MPA), which filed the lawsuit on behalf of Hollywood, claimed that the Sohu-owned Internet Information Service Co. had posted several movies online, including “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban,” “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring,” and “Dawn of the Dead” between 2004 and 2005. The Sohu subsidiary offers more than 100 movies for download on a subscription basis.
Asia in general is a hotbed for pirated media. The MPA’s Asian division investigated more than 34,000 cases of bootlegging and Internet piracy in 2005 and claims that Chinese piracy cost the movie industry $244 million in box office receipts. Earlier this month the MPA, along with several other western trade organizations, signed an agreement with the National Copyright Administration of China to protect video, software and printed materiel from being pirated over the Internet.
According to the ruling by the Beijing First Intermediate People’s Court, the Sohu subsidiary must also post an acknowledgement of wrongdoing.
In a report from the Associated Press, the MPA blames Chinese administrators for encouraging piracy by permitting only a handful of foreign films to be released theatrically, as half of the films cited in the lawsuit had not reached Chinese theaters. According to the Wall Street Journal, the MPA has won all of its lawsuits because government censorship prevents many of the films from being sold in China in the first place.
If you are interested in making money online, please visit us
http://www.globalgoldtalk.com – The Best HYIP Rating. The Fairest High Yield Investment Programs Monitoring Service. HYIP Mailings, HYIP Articles, HYIP Compares, HYIP Analysis.
Somebody using pheromons to attract women, whether is real it?
Where they can be got?
Hi cams.com G’night
many of the people that I know get their vacation from their work in the summer months, but myself, I have to my job the whole summer. Now my so desired holiday period is coming also for me. This year I wanna travel to Asia. In these moment I have a travel website always opened to look for singapore hotel. I am gonna arrive with the airplane to Bangkok and then I will choose how to go on. I am alone, so the world is my oister.
Hi. I find forum about work and travel. Where can I to see it?
Best Regards, Michael.
I’ve just registered at the forum. This is my first message.
Please don’t become angry about me.
To get high rankings in Yahoo and MSN is all about links? I can get ranked easier in Google with links,
but the other two I have no clue.
If money can’t buy happiness, I guess you’ll just have to rent it.
rapidshare spyware doctor rapidshare spyware doctor rapidshare spyware doctor. spyware liquidater spyware eliminater spyware obliterater. top 10 spyware throwing over top 10 spyware throwing over top 10 spyware throwing over. of charge trojan spyware liquidater gratis trojan spyware liquidater gratis trojan spyware liquidater.
SpyLocked (v. 4.3) also remembern as SpywareLocked or SpyLocked 3.9 or SpyLocked 4.1 or SpyLocked 4.2 or SpyLocked 4.3, is falsifyd anti-spyware software. SpyLocked generally speaking installed itself onto your PC without your consent, fully Trojan, Virus or forgery software. SpyLocked compel pageant forgery arrangement alerts or pretender refuge alerts to mislead owner to buy the Paid style of SpyLocked.
To sidestep putting your computer at gamble, it is outstanding to liquidate SpyLocked or SpywareLocked thoroughly. You can try our counseled SpyHunter* Spyware Detection Utility, which is particular moderate and from the shoulder-forward. You don’t necessary to remember anything nearly Spylocked. after all, if you show compassion for registry and dll files in Windows, we strongly advisable you to try the Spylocked/Spywawrelocked ouster instructions that we put together. It’s been proven that it can essentially get rid of SpyLocked or SpywareLocked from your machine.
We resolution constantly update the instructions to skirmish against Spylocked and its modifications. cheer be aware gratis to assign comments if you partake of any questions or suggestions with regard to Spylocked. This is a devoted community and I am unshakeable that you would light upon the answers. upstanding stroke of ! (New modification is also remembern as VirusProtect) (New modification is also remembern as Trojan.Win32)
[b]Have any of you been to Yahoo chat lately?[/b]
I haven’t been in yahoo chat for over a year since they were swamped by bots but thought I’d give it a try again the other day. Man have they gotten bad! Not only are most of the people in the rooms bots but they’ve gotten rid of almost all of the adult rooms and now only have a bunch of generic little cheesy rooms left. I did try paltalk but the room mods kick you out for any stupid reason and the people were really clique. They also want you to pay for some of the features so I gave up on them pretty quick.
There is one chat site that is pretty good called [url=http://oohya.net][b]Oohya Chat[/b][/url], they have cams and voice and profiles unlike most of the other crappy chat sites out there and don’t have any bots but they just don’t have the user base yahoo had. I think they have promise if more people start using it but still isn’t anything like yahoo used to be. It seems to be the best one out there for now though.
Anyone else know of any other good free chat sites out there?
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues
- Adknowledge Acquires Video Syndicator Giant Media March 10th 2014 KANSAS CITY, Mo. and LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom March 10th 2014 ADOTAS – This past Friday, Advertising Age reported that Omnicom [...] more »
- PointRoll’s Social Engager Leverages Multi-Source Data to Alter Creative on the Fly for Mobile Facebook & Twitter Users March 10th 2014 AUSTIN, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) — Advertisers can engage prospective [...] more »
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence March 10th 2014 NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Bitly, the company [...] more »
- RadiumOne Appoints New CFO As Rapid Growth Continues March 10th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RadiumOne, the leading global [...] more »
- Blue Calypso’s DashTAGG Chosen as ad:tech San Francisco Official Mobile Gamification Platform March 10th 2014 DALLAS, March 10, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Blue Calypso, Inc. (OTCBB:BCYP), [...] more »
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- The Programmatic Future: Automation Poised to Dominate Video Ad Buying March 10th 2014
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- Today’s Burning Question: Instagram’s $100 Million Ad Deal with Omnicom - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Tech Companies Must Improve EncryptionThe (Important) SXSW Panels You Missed, Explained by CartoonsToday’s Burning
- Bitly Adds New Leadership, Partners with Moz for Inbound Link Marketing Intelligence - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Live Video: Edward Snowden at SXSWSheryl Sandberg Teams Up With Beyonce to Ban
- Finding Your Brand Advocates, Are You Ready for Super Bowl Sunday? - Inside CXM: [...] Theresa Trevor, Adotas, offers 5 simple rules to motivate brand advocates: [...]
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen | Isupon: [...] ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy growth in the use