IAB Advertises Itself
The Interactive Advertising Bureau, an industry-wide coalition of online and interactive advertising businesses, has announced a cross-media ad campaign to promote its brand and develop a comprehensive theme for the entire interactive advertising industry.
The “Media More Engaging” campaign will begin appearing online and in print magazines like AdWeek and Advertising Age. By 2007, it will expand to include IAB member websites. The IAB is trying to snag brand managers and marketing execs in vertical industries, as well as ad agency types.
Emerging media agency Brand New World, the campaign’s creators, want to focus on the industry’s interactivity: its ability to target the right customers with the right brand message, provide them with an “immersive” and memorable brand experience, and then measure the effectiveness and ROI.
“Our goal in developing an overarching positioning and theme for the Interactive advertising industry was to find a way to communicate all the diverse capabilities and benefits of Interactive under one umbrella,” said IAB general manager Sheryl Draizen in a statement.
The campaign features a microsite that primes marketers and agencies on interactive’s involvement in digital, video, banners, email, gaming, lead generation, local, mobile, search and other forms of advertising.
To get a complete view of the interactive industry’s benefits to marketers and agencies, the IAB hired brang message development firm Luntz, Maslansky Strategic Research, who focused on both the campaign’s brand statement and the creatives.
Media planning and buying are being handled pro-bono by Media Contacts, an interactive network owned by Havas Media.
“As marketers continue to embrace and allocate additional dollars to all forms of Interactive, it is important that we clearly articulate and showcase the true power of the medium,” added Draizen.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]