IAB Advertises Itself
The Interactive Advertising Bureau, an industry-wide coalition of online and interactive advertising businesses, has announced a cross-media ad campaign to promote its brand and develop a comprehensive theme for the entire interactive advertising industry.
The “Media More Engaging” campaign will begin appearing online and in print magazines like AdWeek and Advertising Age. By 2007, it will expand to include IAB member websites. The IAB is trying to snag brand managers and marketing execs in vertical industries, as well as ad agency types.
Emerging media agency Brand New World, the campaign’s creators, want to focus on the industry’s interactivity: its ability to target the right customers with the right brand message, provide them with an “immersive” and memorable brand experience, and then measure the effectiveness and ROI.
“Our goal in developing an overarching positioning and theme for the Interactive advertising industry was to find a way to communicate all the diverse capabilities and benefits of Interactive under one umbrella,” said IAB general manager Sheryl Draizen in a statement.
The campaign features a microsite that primes marketers and agencies on interactive’s involvement in digital, video, banners, email, gaming, lead generation, local, mobile, search and other forms of advertising.
To get a complete view of the interactive industry’s benefits to marketers and agencies, the IAB hired brang message development firm Luntz, Maslansky Strategic Research, who focused on both the campaign’s brand statement and the creatives.
Media planning and buying are being handled pro-bono by Media Contacts, an interactive network owned by Havas Media.
“As marketers continue to embrace and allocate additional dollars to all forms of Interactive, it is important that we clearly articulate and showcase the true power of the medium,” added Draizen.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- iPinYou Releases 2015 Report: Key Trends & Insights of Programmatic Advertising in China
- News Bits: Allstate’s Takeover Ad at March Madness–It’s Mayhem; Leadspace Doubles Customer Roster; Simulmedia and DoubleVerify Hires
- CPXi offers “Programmatic Direct: A Six-Step Guide to Efficiency Through Automation” and a Cool Infographic
- Neustar Collaborates with Nielsen: Bringing Digital Campaign Measurement to PlatformOne™
- Warning: The Danger of Treating Online Content Like Offline