SEMPO Launches Initiative for In-House Search Marketers
The Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization (SEMPO) today announced a new initiative to help search marketers embedded in the corporate world share best practices and swap ideas. SEMPO launched the program after observing the increasing number of businesses that have hired their own in-house search marketers. SEMPO has launched a discussion board for in-house SEM pros to facilitate the exchange of ideas, and is planning events geared toward in-house marketers. The first event took place at the Search Engine Strategies show in San Jose.
“Corporate search marketers need help in convincing executives about budget needs, in determining the right skill set for hiring,” said committee co-chair Duane Forrester in a statement. “We also want to help people who are transitioning from bricks and mortar marketing to online marketing. There is a great educational need for people like myself, who basically are learning these tools on the job.”
Help will also come to search marketers from SEMPO’s in-house SEM committee, which formed last year to educate in-house SEM professionals about SEM tools like web analytics. In-house marketers can join SEMPO as individuals or as part of a corporate membership, and access any of its services. The organization is also recruiting members for its in-house SEM committee.
- Pingback from Internet Marketing and SEO - A News Journal » Blog Archive » SEMPO Launches Initiative for In-House Search Marketers - ADOTAS
Leave a Comment
- Ads Optimized for Mobile: More effective than pop-up & static banner ads
- Bombora Launches Certified Agency Program to Promote Advanced B2B Intent Data Use
- Hitwise: Visits To News & Media Sites Jump Dramatically
- Comcast Technology Solutions Launches Linear Rights Metadata Management (LRM)
- Spotlight: The NFL & Advertising