MTV Buys Teen Property from Gorilla Nation
To bolster its kid-based Nickelodeon/MTVN Kids and Family Group, Viacom subsidiary MTV has purchased Gorilla Nation’s Quizilla.com, a user-generated content community for teens that encourages users to share quizzes, fiction, poetry, essays and polls with other users. Quizilla will join other Nickelodeon web properties like The N.com and NeoPets.com. According to comScore Media Metrix, Quizilla.com is one of the top five destinations for teenage girls online, getting 3.1 million unique visitors in September 2006. MTV plans to add The N.com’s video player to Quizilla so users can also share video content.
“Quizilla.com is a terrific destination and another interactive and creative online environment that we’re adding to MTV Networks’ portfolio of targeted digital brands,” said MTV CEO Judy McGrath in a statement. “This marks another great step forward with our strategy of continuing to transform MTVN into a global, multi-platform entertainment company that engages our diverse audiences wherever, whenever and however they want.”
In August 2006, MTV also added Shockwave.com and AddictingGames.com to its Nickelodeon/MTVN Kids and Family Group roster of sites. Gorilla Nation Media, the site’s former owner, originally launched the site in 2002 to let users share quizzes. But as the site grew, users began sharing other written content as well. Quizilla also lets users post their submissions on other websites like MySpace using embedded Flash or HTML.
- Pingback from Grupo Academia Weblog » Viacom compra comunidade Teen
- Pingback from Viacom compra comunidade Teen : colmeia
Leave a Comment
- Google’s Missed Third-Quarter Earnings Highlights Questions for Internet Giant
- MediaMath Acquires Social Advertising Platform Upcast to Advance Social Media Campaigns
- Digital.NYC Embraces Curated Content As Publishers Turn to Third-Party Sources
- According to Survey, 63% of American Online Shoppers Are Still Not Familiar with Alibaba
- Meredith Introduces Native “Buzz” Platform to Launch with New FITNESS Magazine Website