MTV Buys Teen Property from Gorilla Nation
To bolster its kid-based Nickelodeon/MTVN Kids and Family Group, Viacom subsidiary MTV has purchased Gorilla Nation’s Quizilla.com, a user-generated content community for teens that encourages users to share quizzes, fiction, poetry, essays and polls with other users. Quizilla will join other Nickelodeon web properties like The N.com and NeoPets.com. According to comScore Media Metrix, Quizilla.com is one of the top five destinations for teenage girls online, getting 3.1 million unique visitors in September 2006. MTV plans to add The N.com’s video player to Quizilla so users can also share video content.
“Quizilla.com is a terrific destination and another interactive and creative online environment that we’re adding to MTV Networks’ portfolio of targeted digital brands,” said MTV CEO Judy McGrath in a statement. “This marks another great step forward with our strategy of continuing to transform MTVN into a global, multi-platform entertainment company that engages our diverse audiences wherever, whenever and however they want.”
In August 2006, MTV also added Shockwave.com and AddictingGames.com to its Nickelodeon/MTVN Kids and Family Group roster of sites. Gorilla Nation Media, the site’s former owner, originally launched the site in 2002 to let users share quizzes. But as the site grew, users began sharing other written content as well. Quizilla also lets users post their submissions on other websites like MySpace using embedded Flash or HTML.
- Pingback from Grupo Academia Weblog » Viacom compra comunidade Teen
- Pingback from Viacom compra comunidade Teen : colmeia
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- Watch it Live: Xbox Reveal, 5/21 at Noon EDT/10 a.m. PDT May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via CNET) – Check out CNET’s live coverage of [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Implications of Yahoo’s Tumblr Acquisition? May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’ve solicited comments from industry leaders in [...] more »
- AFAIK: Poptent, Clear Channel Outdoor, Infusionsoft, Silverpop May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Here’s what jumped out of my Inbox and [...] more »
- Live Twitter feed from Internet Week New York May 20th 2013 ADOTAS – This year’s Internet Week New York (#IWNY) will [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013 ADOTAS — Digital advertising and technology collide this week as [...] more »
- Report: David Karp sells Tumblr to Yahoo! for $1.1 Billion May 20th 2013 ADOTAS (via New York’s Daily News) — Who wants to [...] more »
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Preview: What’s Happening at Internet Week New York 2013 May 20th 2013
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Pinterest Roundup — May 2013 | Technology for Publishing LLC: [...] Early Pinterest Analytics Show Brand Potential [...]
- YouTube Turns Eight As Platform Surpasses More Than 100 Hours Of Video … | HOW CAN I GET MONEY: [...] in the look, feel and behavior of Google Objects. The integration is easy, and
- MobiKeith: Well done. Gr8 read. Concepts can b used in general sales/marketing environment. Tx.
- Client News Weekly Wrap Up: [...] PunchTab founder and CEO Ramjet Kumaran, lists four best practices for using incentives to attract and