WashingtonPost.com Launches Sponsored Blogroll
The Washingtonpost.com has launched a blog promotion program called Sponsored Blogroll, which aims to give B and C-list bloggers a taste of the Washingtonpost.com’s 8 million monthly readers and help connect them with Washington Post advertisers. The Sponsored Blogroll project is the brainchild of Jeff Burkett, head of the WashingtonPost.Newsweek Interactive’s sales development team.
According to Burkett’s blog, “The idea came to me while reading ‘Blogs to Riches’ in New York Magazine back in February of this year. The article discussed the fact that it is very hard for bloggers to get noticed. Basically, all of the B-list and C-list bloggers (who may well be very talented) link to the A-list blogs in hope of getting noticed. All this accomplishes is making the A-listers more powerful, while the B’s and C’s stay where they are. It is very hard to break through the clutter.”
The Blogroll process goes like this: A blogger signs their blog up as a candidate for the program. Once a blog has been accepted, a link to it is featured in the Washingtonpost.com’s Sponsored Blogroll index, and a box featuring regularly updated Sponsored Blogroll links appears on the Washingtonpost.com front page. Washington Post sales reps will also contact the blogger and try to connect them with the right Washingtonpost.com advertisers. Both the blogger and the Post split any ad revenue.
Burkett and the Washingtonpost.com team are still experimenting to see what the response from bloggers will be. At launch, the Post has partnered with three sites: Creative Weblogging, BootsNAll and AllBusiness.
I would like to link http://www.wattenblog.blogspot.com/
to the the new Washington Post service., and “cross-link” if possible, whatever that means.
I think “Wattenblog” has unique and relvant material.
Your site has very much liked me. A fine site. Very good content. Remarkable the schedule.
Ben – Saw your interview of Tom Wolfe today.
He’s a favorite of mine – thanks !
I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if
you are not already Cheers!
Leave a Comment
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- Scripps Acquires Newsy for $35 Million December 9th 2013 CINCINNATI, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – The E.W. Scripps Company [...] more »
- Industry Veteran Simon Hayhurst Joins Rocket Fuel as SVP of Product and Business Development December 9th 2013 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Rocket Fuel Inc., [...] more »
- New Searchmetrics Solution Restores Keyword ‘Not Provided’ Data Taken Away by Google December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Searchmetrics has [...] more »
- Survey: Facebook is the Most Trusted Review Platform Over Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter December 9th 2013 NEW YORK, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) — A new [...] more »
- Bazaarvoice Introduces Authentic Reviews Trust Mark to Help #EndFakeReviews December 9th 2013 AUSTIN, Texas, December 9, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Bazaarvoice, Inc. (NASDAQ:BV), [...] more »
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Media Consolidation Is Revolutionizing Marketing December 9th 2013
- Google’s Disavow Tool: The What, Why and How December 9th 2013
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Mgr Channel Planning (Social Media)
- SEO/SEM Analyst
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than