Jeep Promoting Compass Tour on MySpace
Jeep has begun the next phase in its online campaign promoting the Jeep Compass SUV. Jeep has created a MySpace page where visitors can listen to music and track the location of its “Uncharted: The Jeep Compass Music Tour,” which features 8 emerging musical artists and the Jeep Compass.
In addition to tour dates, the page also features downloadable video and pictures from the performances, and a chat room to communicate with other fans. Using MySpace’s built-in localization system, Jeep can alert its MySpace “friends” when the tour is coming to their area. Those who become “friends” with the Jeep Compass page can also receive text messages about shows, last minute changes and unscheduled concerts. Jeep is also creating a Facebook page.
Jeep is promoting the Compass to younger consumers and also wants to emphasize the Compass’s factory sound system. “Through this concert series, we want to reach a new audience who are not traditional Jeep buyers, but a much younger group that makes music a part of its lifestyle,” said Jay Kuhnie, Jeep’s director of communications in a statement.
The MySpace profile will be promoted through online advertising, which will also drive people to the Jeep Compass home page. This is the second online musical tie-in that Jeep has done for the Compass. Last month it created jeepcompasskaraoke.com, which lets users create animated singing avatars and share them with friends.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- AFAIK: Quantasy, SDL, MARS Advertising, Concentric, engajer, Burstly May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – Here’s what we herd through the digital grapevine [...] more »
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via MediaWhiz) – [Yesterday's] announcement by Twitter of the [...] more »
- Wired to Share: New Research from ShareThis and Digitas Reveals Important Insights into Digital Sharing Behavior of Moms May 22nd 2013 PALO ALTO, CALIF., May 22, 2013 (ADOTAS) – In one [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013
- Blogshare: Twitter Launches Lead Generation Card May 23rd 2013
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- ISA Computer: This is great for a more catchy ad.
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how
- Coverage of Microsoft’s Xbox Reveal Drives Spike in Adotas Readership: [...] The live video post was the third most read article of the day, followed