Dell Launches Corporate Blog, Receives Backlash
There are few things that computer maker Dell gets harped on by bloggers more than its customer service. In order to connect more with its customers, Dell has created a corporate blogging site that promises to crack the company open and let customers see what Dell employees are up to. The site, called one2one: Direct Conversations with Dell, was inspired by other corporate blogs like GM’s FastLane blog, the Official Google Blog, and Microsoft’s Channel 9 video site. Dell has already posted a few Channel 9-like video interviews with Dell support personnel.
Upon launch, the site immediately caught flack from the blogosphere late last week for its PR-like posts. Well-known Dell critic Jeff Jarvis of BuzzMachine wrote that “this is as much a conversation as yelling at a brick wall.” Other bloggers like Robert Scoble of Scobelizer recognized Dell’s unfamiliarity with the blogging space and offered some constructive criticism.
Dell followed up critics earlier this week with a post from Lionel Menchaca, Dell’s Digital Media Manager, which addressed the thoughts of other bloggers and thanked Jeff for his comments. As corporate blogs go, one2one is still green. Steve Rubel of Micro Persuasion called the blog’s launch a missed opportunity. But he also added a word of encouragement, “Cmon Dell. We know you’re bigger than this. Join us. Be real. Walk the talk.”
- Pingback from Pubbys » Blog Archive » Dell Blog Feedback
Leave a Comment
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s