London Times Installs Video Features Online
News Corp-owned, London-based Times Online has teamed with online video network Roo to add video news, entertainment, and other content to its site’s TV section.
According to ClickZ, Times Online TV will be sponsored exclusively by Cisco Systems in a “six-figure deal”, which will now attach Cisco branding to the Times’ video player and surrounding TV pages. There will also be :15 and :30 Cisco TV ads inserted in-stream between video clips. The Times Online sales team will handle ad sales.
“Our partnership with Cisco on Times Online TV is important for two reasons,” Ian Clark, advertising director for Times Newspapers Ltd., said in a statement. “Firstly it demonstrates technology innovation in action, and that works well for Cisco as well as for us. Secondly, it’s a strong partnership that shows how we can create advertising environments that work hard for the advertiser, and genuinely cater for audience demand.”
Times Online readers can now peruse video content from Roo’s library of licensed and original video clips, including news bulletins, fashion and entertainment videos and bizarre stories the world over. Content partners in Roo’s network include AP and Reuters. Original content from Times Online and its partners is expected be added to the service eventually.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Report: Tremor Video Files for IPO May 24th 2013 ADOTAS – Are our readers incredibly influential, or are they [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — The idea of lead exchanges has hardly been [...] more »
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013 ADOTAS — In the next five years the ticket market [...] more »
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS (via Edelman Digital) — Pinterest has always been defined [...] more »
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Landing pages represent the tipping point for affiliate [...] more »
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS – More often than not, companies that are not [...] more »
- Combatting Click Fraud: An Ad Network Checklist May 23rd 2013 ADOTAS — Click fraud remains a nettlesome problem for advertisers, [...] more »
- How to Make Lead Exchange Work May 24th 2013
- A Whole New Ballgame: Sports Ticketing in the Connected Age May 24th 2013
- Blogshare: Pinterest, Now Rich with Pinformation May 23rd 2013
- Six Mistakes You’re Making with Landing Pages May 23rd 2013
- Why Cheap Affiliate Management Does Not Work May 23rd 2013
- Sr Planner- Digital Vendor Marketing
- Business Analyst - IT Operations
- Client Relationship Manager
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Bob Gordon: Cave Drawings still convey their creators thoughts and ideas...the debate about the effectiveness of display
- ISA Computer: This is great for a more catchy ad.
- Brands & the Next Internet Wave: What You Need To Know | Domain Hacking: [...] Permalink [...]
- JamalK: Thanks for this Richard! I think its really difficult to make a case for how