VitalStream Acquires Eonstreams for In-Stream Ads
Streaming video and audio technology company VitalStream Holdings has purchased ad insertion company Eonstreams Inc. to handle allof the company’sin-stream advertising. Eonstream currently caters to major broadcast companies. Their ad-insertion system puts in-stream advertising into live and on-demand streaming broadcasts and will begradually integrated into the VitalStream CDN (content delivery network).
Currently VitalStream handles streaming media for companies like CNet, Comcast, Disney, and the Wall Street Journal.Ad services now available to VitalStream include demographic targeting, click-thru stats and reporting, and the coordinated delivery of rich media.
“VitalStream is now positioned to provide turnkey advertising solutions to a wide range of customers looking to monetize their web content,” said VitalStream CEO Jack Waterman in a statement, “[the acquisition] uniquely positions us to capture additional opportunities in the on-demand and online advertising growth sectors.” VitalStream has purchased all the assets of Eonstreams, including patents and ad insertion technologies in exchange for more than a million and a half shares of VitalStream stock.
Eonstreams is already operating under the VitalStream name. Steve Newman, Eonstream’s former CEO will operate the new VitalStream advertising division. For current Eonstream customers, the service will continue as normal.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- AOL Chooses Microsoft Bing Over Google for Search and Microsoft Chooses AppNexus for Programmatic Tech and Sales
- Cannes You Believe It? Vice Partners with Pintrest and BOA; Xaxis Touts Self-Assembling Programmatic Ads
- Going Global in Mobile Video: 8 Factors to Consider
- Pulsepoint Launches Programmatic Content Marketing Platform
- LiveRamp Hires Luke McGuinness as Head of Data Partnerships