Podtrac Releases Podcast Demo Data
Podcast advertising company Podtrac released the results from its latest quarterly Podtrac Audience Survey, something useful to advertisers eyeing the new podcast market. Apparently, slightly more than half of podcast listeners/viewers consume podcasts on their computers rather than portable media players.Seventy-two percent of them are frequent online shoppers, with 57% spending more than $200 onlineduring the past year. Also, a great majority of podcast subscribers come through iTunes.
“Accurate demographics are critical in order to engage advertising agencies and large brands to test market podcast advertising as a component of their media campaigns,” said Podtrac CEO Mark McCrery in a statement. “With over 79,000 podcasts and the exponential growth of the audio and video podcast medium, media fragmentation is a given.” The survey results also show that podcast awareness is growing among internet-using adults.
Podtrac claims to now have the largest podcast demographic database in the world, with more than 55,000 profiles.Its quarterly surveys are conducted by market research company Taylor Nelson Sofres, and used by several podcasts with 200,000 listeners or more, including Ask A Ninja, This Week in Tech, Associated Press, and Channel Frederator.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Q2 2015 State of Mobile Advertising: Opera Mediaworks’ Report
- MarketLive’s Q2 Performance Index: Revealing e-Commerce Trends
- BehaviorMatrix Unveils ‘SMARTview360′ To Help Marketers Understand People & Predict Behavior
- Media Rating Council Grants comScore Accreditation for Video Viewability Measurement
- Centriply, a New Media Solutions Company, Declares: Targeted TV is the New Cookie