Study Dissects Web Trends Across 80 Industries
The Web Marketing Association, sponsor of the annual international WebAward competition, released the findings of a decade-long study on web development trends across 80 industries yesterday. The Internet Standards Assessment Report (ISAR) is based on data collected from almost 10,000 web site evaluations and provides industry benchmarks for web site development.
William Rice, president of the Web Marketing Association, said in a statement, “As Internet bandwidth developed, so did the ability for Web sites to deliver a dynamic rich media experience that merges online entertainment with e-commerce to create a compelling interaction for users. While content is still king, it’s a Web site’s ability to interact with users in interesting ways that keeps an audience coming back.”
The report demonstrated that gaming web sites won top scores in every category followed by music (2nd), and sports and automobiles (tied for 3rd). Radio, search engines, and public relations web sites garnered the lowest average scores.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- Influencer Marketing–The Key to Getting Around Ad Blocking?
- The True ROI of Online Video Advertising: A Nielsen Media Lab Report
- RTB Case Study: Why businesses should use more than one retargeter
- Measuring Mobile Ads and Apps: What Are You Missing?
- Mobile User Acquisition Fraud: The YouAppi Solution