Study Dissects Web Trends Across 80 Industries
The Web Marketing Association, sponsor of the annual international WebAward competition, released the findings of a decade-long study on web development trends across 80 industries yesterday. The Internet Standards Assessment Report (ISAR) is based on data collected from almost 10,000 web site evaluations and provides industry benchmarks for web site development.
William Rice, president of the Web Marketing Association, said in a statement, “As Internet bandwidth developed, so did the ability for Web sites to deliver a dynamic rich media experience that merges online entertainment with e-commerce to create a compelling interaction for users. While content is still king, it’s a Web site’s ability to interact with users in interesting ways that keeps an audience coming back.”
The report demonstrated that gaming web sites won top scores in every category followed by music (2nd), and sports and automobiles (tied for 3rd). Radio, search engines, and public relations web sites garnered the lowest average scores.
No comments yet
Leave a Comment
- IRIS.TV Grabs Two Top Engineers from Yahoo!; ClickDealer and MobAir Join Forces to Launch Global Digital Marketing Group; MPP Global Launches Predictive Churn Functionality
- Mobile eCommerce: How It’s Changing the World
- Amazin’ Amazon Prime Stats from Hitwise
- Freckle Partners with AirKast: Now World’s Largest Beacon Attribution Company
- New LEAN Ads Achieve 30 Kilobyte Weight and 93% Viewability