Google AdWords Unveils Two New Image Sizes
Yesterday Google’s AdWords team announced they had been testing two new image ad formats. The first, a large 2560 x 1920 image is designed for advertisers who want to appear “larger than life,” according to AdWords Developer Arnold Ferguson. “Advertisers have been bugging us since November for a large-format image ad that can showcase photo quality 5-megapixel images. It’s a little bit larger than your standard banner ad, but I think if it makes advertisers happy, it will make our publishers happy as well.”
As part of the test, Google has been serving 2560 x 1920 ads on sites like ultrahighresolution.com for online digital camera retailers wishing to advertise unreduced megapixel-sized images.
The second format, a 1 x 1 pixel ad can be purchased in blocks of ten by keyword. “We’ve actually been working very closely with pixel ad inventor Alex Tew on this one,” said Ferguson. “After seeing all the aimless pixel ad sites out there, we knew we needed an original approach. Unlike all the copycat pixel ad sites, integration with our keyword bidding system will us serve pixel ads contextually on nearly any site in the AdSense publisher network.”
In order to supplement their six-billion dollar annual revenue stream, Google also plans to publish a pixel advertising site of their own in mid-April, and has registered the milliongooglepixel.com domain to display AdWords pixel ads. Google AdWords expects the new sizes to be available to all AdWords users in the next few weeks.
I think you published this article 1 day early, april fools day is tomorrow!
How cheap can Google get?
- Pingback from Matt Cutts: Gadgets, Google, and SEO » April Fools Watch
- Pingback from Stuff by Sarah » Archives » April Fools Day
- Pingback from duncanriley.com » Google testing mega ads and pixel ads
- Pingback from Nuovi formati AdWords
- Pingback from Google Buys ThirdSquare.com » ThirdSquare.com
- Pingback from Unofficial SEO Blog » Google Unveils Two Google AdSense Sizes - SEO Information much before its official!
- Pingback from Google April Fools » Online Marketing Blog
[Quoting Adam Viener "I think you published this article 1 day early, april fools day is tomorrow!"]
Adam, get a clue, It’s joke. Besides Google is Global, just because it isn’t April Fools day yet where you are doesn’t mean it isn’t somewhere.
- Pingback from FlashLadyBug.com » Blog Archive » April Fools!
- Pingback from » DÃƒÂa de los inocentes
I think it’s a good news that Google are going to release more and more rich media ads for the advertisers.
- Pingback from GoogleWatchBlog » Der 1. April von und mit Google
Waiting for their April 2007 prank
I was finally waitinig for this
- Pingback from AIS, SEO and Marketing » Blog Archive » April Fools Day
- Pingback from Legally Protected News » Blog Archive »
Is better to bring more and more options to build in. Thanks
- Pingback from Jonas - Zapisi » Zakaj je Kajn Abla ubil…
[Quoting TheoryMaster "Waiting for their April 2007 prank"]
Almost there. They better roll out something more pranky than this.
These comments have been invaluable to me as is this whole site. I thank you for your comment.
Basically nothing seems worth doing, but whatever.
I just don’t have anything to say recently, but eh. Not much on my mind right now, but that’s how it is.
Its often better to get more Options
That is a HUGE freaking ad. its an interesting approach for Google but I don’t know if it will pay off in the end for the advertiser.
- Pingback from neue Adwords Formate mit Pixel-Werbung | SEO BLOG
I went over this site and I think you have a lot of good information, saved to my bookmarks (:.
- Pingback from Der 1. April von und mit Google - GoogleWatchBlog
First-class story on Google AdWords Unveils Two New Image Sizes!
It is without doubt amongst the best that I’ve
read through in a long time. We’ve been searching for this info.
Leave a Comment
Adknowledge Announces Launch of ‘AdStation International’KANSAS CITY, Mo., November 25, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Adknowledge is pleased to announce the launch of AdStation International, a global [...] more...
- UPDATED: Twitter Officially Launches Tailored Audiences Program December 6th 2013 ADOTAS – Twitter brought its tailored audiences ad program out [...] more »
- veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video Advertising December 6th 2013 ADOTAS — Video marketing company veeseo announced this week a [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Massive Hack Attack Reaction December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – Today we’re featuring reactions from industry leaders to yesterday’s [...] more »
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack December 5th 2013 ADOTAS — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports [...] more »
- If You Waited for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, You Were Probably Too Late December 5th 2013 ADOTAS – While holiday shoppers have been conditioned to believe [...] more »
- Digital First Ventures, RealMatch Partner to Power JobsInTheUS.com December 5th 2013 NEW YORK, December 5, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Digital First Ventures, [...] more »
- Celtra Hires Ex-Adobe Exec Taplin as EVP of Global Sales December 5th 2013 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 5, 2013 – Celtra Inc., the industry leader [...] more »
- Making Holiday Marketing Magic in 2013 December 6th 2013
- 5 New Video Ads You Should Watch Right Now December 6th 2013
- How Interactive Video is Helping Brands Engage with Their Customers December 5th 2013
- Is Putting Digital First Still Paramount for Advertisers? December 5th 2013
- Revenge of the Data Nerds: Who Will Be the Next Heartthrob of the B2B Data Market? December 4th 2013
- Manager Planner - Digital Vendor Marketing
- Brand Manager
- Publisher Services Manager
- Social Media Manager (Part-Time)
- Social Media Manager
- Text Marketing News December 6, 2013 | Text Marketing Companies: [...] veeseo Launches Speech-to-Text Content Recognition Engine for Video … – ADOTAS [...]
- Dell Software Exec: Strong Password Would Not Have Stopped Latest Hack: [...] — In response to Today’s Burning Question about reports of the latest major cyberattack,
- Zimmerman Advertising Has What White Castle Craves – ADOTAS | Zimmerman News: [...] more here: Google Zimmerman News In [...]
- Online Video Quality Matters More Than You Think | Video Industry | OneScreen: [...] so. In fact, branded videos are getting shared 50 times more in 2013 than