Google AdWords Unveils Two New Image Sizes
Yesterday Google’s AdWords team announced they had been testing two new image ad formats. The first, a large 2560 x 1920 image is designed for advertisers who want to appear “larger than life,” according to AdWords Developer Arnold Ferguson. “Advertisers have been bugging us since November for a large-format image ad that can showcase photo quality 5-megapixel images. It’s a little bit larger than your standard banner ad, but I think if it makes advertisers happy, it will make our publishers happy as well.”
As part of the test, Google has been serving 2560 x 1920 ads on sites like ultrahighresolution.com for online digital camera retailers wishing to advertise unreduced megapixel-sized images.
The second format, a 1 x 1 pixel ad can be purchased in blocks of ten by keyword. “We’ve actually been working very closely with pixel ad inventor Alex Tew on this one,” said Ferguson. “After seeing all the aimless pixel ad sites out there, we knew we needed an original approach. Unlike all the copycat pixel ad sites, integration with our keyword bidding system will us serve pixel ads contextually on nearly any site in the AdSense publisher network.”
In order to supplement their six-billion dollar annual revenue stream, Google also plans to publish a pixel advertising site of their own in mid-April, and has registered the milliongooglepixel.com domain to display AdWords pixel ads. Google AdWords expects the new sizes to be available to all AdWords users in the next few weeks.
I think you published this article 1 day early, april fools day is tomorrow!
How cheap can Google get?
- Pingback from Matt Cutts: Gadgets, Google, and SEO » April Fools Watch
- Pingback from Stuff by Sarah » Archives » April Fools Day
- Pingback from duncanriley.com » Google testing mega ads and pixel ads
- Pingback from Nuovi formati AdWords
- Pingback from Google Buys ThirdSquare.com » ThirdSquare.com
- Pingback from Unofficial SEO Blog » Google Unveils Two Google AdSense Sizes - SEO Information much before its official!
- Pingback from Google April Fools » Online Marketing Blog
[Quoting Adam Viener "I think you published this article 1 day early, april fools day is tomorrow!"]
Adam, get a clue, It’s joke. Besides Google is Global, just because it isn’t April Fools day yet where you are doesn’t mean it isn’t somewhere.
- Pingback from FlashLadyBug.com » Blog Archive » April Fools!
- Pingback from » DÃƒÂa de los inocentes
I think it’s a good news that Google are going to release more and more rich media ads for the advertisers.
- Pingback from GoogleWatchBlog » Der 1. April von und mit Google
Waiting for their April 2007 prank
I was finally waitinig for this
- Pingback from AIS, SEO and Marketing » Blog Archive » April Fools Day
- Pingback from Legally Protected News » Blog Archive »
Is better to bring more and more options to build in. Thanks
- Pingback from Jonas - Zapisi » Zakaj je Kajn Abla ubil…
[Quoting TheoryMaster "Waiting for their April 2007 prank"]
Almost there. They better roll out something more pranky than this.
These comments have been invaluable to me as is this whole site. I thank you for your comment.
Basically nothing seems worth doing, but whatever.
I just don’t have anything to say recently, but eh. Not much on my mind right now, but that’s how it is.
Its often better to get more Options
That is a HUGE freaking ad. its an interesting approach for Google but I don’t know if it will pay off in the end for the advertiser.
- Pingback from neue Adwords Formate mit Pixel-Werbung | SEO BLOG
I went over this site and I think you have a lot of good information, saved to my bookmarks (:.
- Pingback from Der 1. April von und mit Google - GoogleWatchBlog
First-class story on Google AdWords Unveils Two New Image Sizes!
It is without doubt amongst the best that I’ve
read through in a long time. We’ve been searching for this info.
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]