More articles by Sarah Novotny
Advertising Networks Self-Analysis
They’ve been a boon to publishers and cross-network buyers since the online space became aligned with earning revenue. But what exactly makes an ad network so beneficial to its clients? Who are the top ad networks today, and who do they view as the competition?
While we at ADOTAS would normally be privy to answering these questions through our own analysis and hypotheses, we decided it would be best to let the networks speak for themselves. In our first-ever online advertising network survey, senior-level representatives from many of the top-ranked ad networks including the likes of Advertising.com, Valueclick Media/FastClick and Tribal Fusion, gave us the inside scoop on what makes them the best, what could make them better, and who they consider to be their rivals. Keep in mind, this survey is admittedly a forum for ad networks to talk about themselves and each other.
While all of the networks involved, not surprisingly, ran at the chance to tout their own growth, getting real answers about their competitors took a bit more convincing. A few that did offer criticism and praise regarding their competition more often than not pointed to Advertising.com as their largest and most praiseworthy opponent, while interestingly enough they could not offer answers to the same question.
As for what technologies and improvements these ad networks were interested in seeing rolled out, a majority pointed in the direction of further advancements in behavioral targeting optimization in addition to showing a strong interest in tapping into new mediums including wireless, user generated content and blogs.
We at ADOTAS are very interested in hearing our readers’ thoughts and comments on these ad networks’ responses and welcome further responses from those who did not initially show interest in being involved. We would also like to open the forum for suggestions on further surveys going forward and look forward to reading your thoughts.
Where did you find some of these networks? Contextweb has had numerous financial problems and paying publishers. I don’t know of any site that uses them. I would call them or BlueLithium a major ad network. The others, I can see as leaders, but not these two. What about other networks? I remember when Adbumb (B.F. ADOTAS) did reports on smaller upcoming networks. Why don’t you expand on those networks? This review is almost a mirror review on the one done over at Mediapost. You really need to think outside the box. You guys used to do this. J.M.O.
What makes your network the best?
Directa Network serves 2 billion monthly impressions mainly in Latin American and US Hispanic markets.
We are unique, because we are the leading performance-based Ad Networks focuesed in spanish & portuguese speaking countries.
On the publisher side, we are better monetizing Inventories (100% inventory %fill + Highest eCPM).
On the client side, we are better helping direct response advertiser to acquire a Huge Volume traffic, leads & customers in spanish & portuguese speaking countries. Moreover we help advertisers to target US audience through US IP filters in international publishers.
What makes your network the best?
-Service is very customer oriented, it’s very important to outperform on payments, reports, and rates.
-Rates we pay publisher(s) are high compared to others because we optimize better
-Optimization is extraordinary to drive real-time performance
What other network do you like/view as a competitor and why?
We like Oridian and Advertising.com
What technology/improvement would you like to see unveiled to make their network more efficient?
I’d like to see a full interconectivness of networks to build a ad marketplace.
Through that ad marketplace, each player will generate value added through its skills, ability and market focus.
Leave a Comment
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game
Take the Display Advertising Survey for the Chance to Win a Jawbone Jambox!ADOTAS – Industry discussions about cookies, privacy and the impact on display advertising have been frequent — and, in some [...] more...
- It’s Not Digital – It’s Mobile May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — One of the biggest mistakes advertisers can [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – The first-ever Westchester Digital Summit was held on May [...] more »
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013 ADOTAS — Strong marketing strategies attract attention and build the [...] more »
- Adotas Poll: Tremor Video IPO Would Be A Success May 17th 2013 ADOTAS – In this week’s poll, we asked our readers: [...] more »
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – We’ve asked our esteemed panel of industry thought [...] more »
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013 ADOTAS – Tony Stark aka Iron Man is restless. The [...] more »
- Pandora is First Digital Publisher to Offer e-Business Advertising Integration into Media Buying Platforms May 16th 2013 OAKLAND, CALIF., May 15, 2013 (ADOTAS) — Pandora (NYSE: P), [...] more »
- Video from the Westchester Digital Summit May 17th 2013
- Automating Core Processes Can Reduce ‘Little Big Problems’ That Ruin Customer Relationships May 17th 2013
- Unleash the Power of Mobile: 6 Steps to Lead Generation the ‘Iron Man’ Way May 16th 2013
- Who’s Sharing My Brand Images? Why Text-Based Social Media Monitoring Falls Short May 16th 2013
- Ads That Look at You: How Eye-Tracking Technologies Will Change the Advertising Game May 15th 2013
- Print and Web Manager
- SEO Marketing PPC Specialist
- Marketing Summer Internship at Clean-Tech Educatio
- Service Line Manager - Digital Media
- SEO / SEM Specialist
- Backlinks uk: Within search engine optimisation (SEO), one way links reference hyper-links aiming to a distinct Website
- energy-physics: Media.net is a fantastic ad program. But now a days I cant customize their ads.
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements? – Adotas | Social Media Strategy Plan: [...] Permalink [...]
- Today’s Burning Question: Impact of Google I/O Announcements?: [...] “What will be the impact of the big announcements coming out of this week’s