Advertising Networks Self-Analysis
They’ve been a boon to publishers and cross-network buyers since the online space became aligned with earning revenue. But what exactly makes an ad network so beneficial to its clients? Who are the top ad networks today, and who do they view as the competition?
While we at ADOTAS would normally be privy to answering these questions through our own analysis and hypotheses, we decided it would be best to let the networks speak for themselves. In our first-ever online advertising network survey, senior-level representatives from many of the top-ranked ad networks including the likes of Advertising.com, Valueclick Media/FastClick and Tribal Fusion, gave us the inside scoop on what makes them the best, what could make them better, and who they consider to be their rivals. Keep in mind, this survey is admittedly a forum for ad networks to talk about themselves and each other.
While all of the networks involved, not surprisingly, ran at the chance to tout their own growth, getting real answers about their competitors took a bit more convincing. A few that did offer criticism and praise regarding their competition more often than not pointed to Advertising.com as their largest and most praiseworthy opponent, while interestingly enough they could not offer answers to the same question.
As for what technologies and improvements these ad networks were interested in seeing rolled out, a majority pointed in the direction of further advancements in behavioral targeting optimization in addition to showing a strong interest in tapping into new mediums including wireless, user generated content and blogs.
We at ADOTAS are very interested in hearing our readers’ thoughts and comments on these ad networks’ responses and welcome further responses from those who did not initially show interest in being involved. We would also like to open the forum for suggestions on further surveys going forward and look forward to reading your thoughts.
Where did you find some of these networks? Contextweb has had numerous financial problems and paying publishers. I don’t know of any site that uses them. I would call them or BlueLithium a major ad network. The others, I can see as leaders, but not these two. What about other networks? I remember when Adbumb (B.F. ADOTAS) did reports on smaller upcoming networks. Why don’t you expand on those networks? This review is almost a mirror review on the one done over at Mediapost. You really need to think outside the box. You guys used to do this. J.M.O.
What makes your network the best?
Directa Network serves 2 billion monthly impressions mainly in Latin American and US Hispanic markets.
We are unique, because we are the leading performance-based Ad Networks focuesed in spanish & portuguese speaking countries.
On the publisher side, we are better monetizing Inventories (100% inventory %fill + Highest eCPM).
On the client side, we are better helping direct response advertiser to acquire a Huge Volume traffic, leads & customers in spanish & portuguese speaking countries. Moreover we help advertisers to target US audience through US IP filters in international publishers.
What makes your network the best?
-Service is very customer oriented, it’s very important to outperform on payments, reports, and rates.
-Rates we pay publisher(s) are high compared to others because we optimize better
-Optimization is extraordinary to drive real-time performance
What other network do you like/view as a competitor and why?
We like Oridian and Advertising.com
What technology/improvement would you like to see unveiled to make their network more efficient?
I’d like to see a full interconectivness of networks to build a ad marketplace.
Through that ad marketplace, each player will generate value added through its skills, ability and market focus.
Leave a Comment
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing March 7th 2014 AUSTIN, March 7, 2014 (ADOTAS) –- Kenshoo, the global leader in [...] more »
- Study: Consumers Want a More Personalized Mobile Home Screen March 7th 2014 ADOTAS – New research from mobile analytics company Flurry shows noteworthy [...] more »
- Twelvefold Introduces Spectrum for Video: Real-Time, URL-Level Video Ad Placements Across All Screens March 6th 2014 SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2013 (ADOTAS) – Twelvefold, a big [...] more »
- DataXu Adds Video to Private Exchange Capabilities March 6th 2014 BOSTON, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – DataXu, a leading provider [...] more »
- YuMe, Magid and Razorfish Reveal CTV Creative Best Practices in Latest Study March 6th 2014 REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – YuMe, Inc. [...] more »
- RR Donnelley Announces $350 Million Debt Offering March 6th 2014 CHICAGO, March 6, 2014 (ADOTAS) – RR Donnelley & Sons [...] more »
- Getty Images to Showcase Free, Legal Embed Capability at SXSWi March 6th 2014 NEW YORK and AUSTIN, March 5, 2014 (ADOTAS) – Global digital [...] more »
- You Have My Data, Now Stop Retargeting Me! March 7th 2014
- The Top 5 New Video Ads: Snickers, Pepsi, HUVr, Hugo Boss March 7th 2014
- Spotlight on Search: Yahoo! Gemini vs. Google Enhanced Campaigns March 6th 2014
- 6 Trends That Reinforce the Need for Unified Data Collection March 6th 2014
- 4 Important Lessons B2B Marketers Learned in 2013 March 5th 2014
- Marketing Operations Manager - Healthcare
- Director Digital Engagements
- Website Designer
- Online Account Manager
- Online Media Buyer
- SXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates with Oracle for Social Marketing - Responsivemts | Responsivemts: [...] Report Rattles Currency's WorldBrands' Organic Facebook Reach Has Plummeted Since OctoberSXSW News: Kenshoo Integrates
- #DailyDigital It’s Friday. Facebook Is Doing Something to the Newsfeed. Again. | Trey Peden - Digital. Marketing. Management.: [...] Five Things the FTC Will Get Tough on in 2014 I wanted to read
- Jeff Yablon: of course ... there's always the question of revenue split ... interesting new service just
- Articles Written by Bob Bentz | Bob Bentz: [...] 7/14/08 — Adotas [...]